PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just droped my phone and shattered screen

Title says it all, really bummed but at least I have Sprint insurance, couple issues though:
  • I have dyed back screen cover, does this void the warranty?
  • I have custom ROM (JD 6.5) I know this voids the warranty, how do I go back to the original?
What is the process for filling a claim and is there any tips? I also heard they raised the price on the insurance from $50 to $100, is this true. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Just droped my phone and shattered screen

I wouldn't file a claim with asurion, you should be able to take it to a sprint service and repair store to have them fix it on site. Having the back cover dyed will not affect anything. You need to flash back to the stock rom and relock the phone before taking it to a store to have it repaired. Check this thread for the stock rom http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741 and this thread gives you the process of how to flash back http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

edit: forgot about the screen being shattered lol. If it is broken to where you cannot see anything you can still relock and flash. You can flash by pc without having to see the screen on the device as well as relock. The flashing is controlled on the pc with the RUU.

Last edited by lwrdrchvy2; 04-01-2009 at 11:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

Is the screen to the point that you can't see what your doing on it?

Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
Title says it all, really bummed but at least I have Sprint insurance, couple issues though:
  • I have dyed back screen cover, does this void the warranty?
  • I have custom ROM (JD 6.5) I know this voids the warranty, how do I go back to the original?
What is the process for filling a claim and is there any tips? I also heard they raised the price on the insurance from $50 to $100, is this true. Thanks for the help guys.

If your phone is still working but the screen is cracked, I would suggest getting a program where you can manipulate your phone with your PC; something like MyMobiler (google it) you can see your phone with your pc and follow the instructions provided by Iwrdrchvy2 to Relock your phone.

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited by hypeo; 04-01-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:50 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

that sucks, sorry to hear that. Got a pic?
Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

On my way to bed, i can still see my screen. The touch functions still function as well so I should be able to reflash to the stock locked ROM. Does it cost money to take it to a Sprint repair shop? I will post a picture in the mourning. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
On my way to bed, i can still see my screen. The touch functions still function as well so I should be able to reflash to the stock locked ROM. Does it cost money to take it to a Sprint repair shop? I will post a picture in the mourning. Thanks for the help guys.

if you don't have insurance yes it cost money, unless your in your 30 day trial period of your phone. if you have insurance, you can literaly take your phone in pieces and they will replace it!!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Since you have insurance you should not have to pay anything since you arent able to use the phone properly. They changed the policy on instore repairs last september I believe so it may be best to contact a local store before making the trip just in case.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
if you don't have insurance yes it cost money, unless your in your 30 day trial period of your phone. if you have insurance, you can literaly take your phone in pieces and they will replace it!!
30 day trial period covers manufacturer defects not damage from user.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

just checked sprints website for repair centers and I got only one hit for a local electronics store, I wonder if they would even care about having a flashed ROM. I will call the store in the mourning to see if the insurance covers anything. If its more than $50 then I will probably do the full replacement phone (mine is getting beat up anyways)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro