PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   would you trade your touch pro for a treo pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63316)

Boo Boo 04-01-2009 10:26 PM

would you trade your touch pro for a treo pro?

curious? i am sorta getting fed up with the tough screen and rocker pad.

i want to actually use my finger and scroll but the f'n menu pops up while i am trying to scroll alot

daintyboy609 04-01-2009 11:19 PM

Re: would you trade your touch pro for a treo pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 817327)
curious? i am sorta getting fed up with the tough screen and rocker pad.

i want to actually use my finger and scroll but the f'n menu pops up while i am trying to scroll alot

Actually thought about purchasing it instead. When i went to the sprint store and saw the treo pro in person its a neatly designed device and being a former treo man i was tempted. I would get it over the diamond but now i'm on a pro but wouldn't though. Very tempting though.

cjmedina 04-01-2009 11:31 PM

i bought one from a member here and will be trying it out this weekend. i like my touch pro but wanna try the treo pro. no real reason why i wanna try it just the geek in me i guess

MrBogard 04-01-2009 11:36 PM

I was planning on buying a Palm Pre upon release until I found out that Insurion would be sending me a Touch Pro to replace my Mogul. Now granted, I don't actually have it yet, but I think I'll stick to my TP for a good duration. It can't possibly piss me off as much as my Mogul did. Right?

miguelfp1 04-01-2009 11:38 PM

I saw the Treo Pro the other day, and it does look nice, but I don't think I'd trade my VGA screen, Manila 3D and the bunch of RAM on the Touch Pro, seems like a downgrade. it would be a different story if I still was on my Mogul though :p

just my 0.02!

lwrdrchvy2 04-02-2009 12:07 AM

I had the chance to mess around with one before they went on sale and wasnt really impressed. the design is sleek and small but the performance doesnt compare to the TP in my opinion. Miguelfp1 points out some really good reasons to keep the TP

triggerman53 04-02-2009 02:47 AM

I planned on replacing my diamond with a treo pro,the looks nice and everything but the screen size,rez,small keyboard,and lack of custom ROMs and development of software for square screens realy turned me off.It seemed like a downgrade from the diamond so now that I own a new touch pro theres o way that i could ues a treo pro,but to each his own.

BenC 04-02-2009 03:03 AM

Yep, it is an interesting device, but really, the Touch Pro has been good for me and the memory and screen just beats bunches of things.

ou2mame 04-02-2009 06:02 AM

i'm kind of eying the palm pre... not the pro though.

Phreddo 04-02-2009 08:53 AM

I did just that. The touch pro is very pretty, but the treo pro feels and works better for me. I really like the hard keys rather than having to use the touch screen for just about everything.
the buttons on the touch pro were pretty useless as i kept hitting the wrong thing. The phone was also bulky and a bit fragile being a slider and all, and finding a decent case was damned near impossible.
I got the treo pro, then went to the sprint store and found an innocase with the holster. Done!

I think the higher resolution on the touch pro affects overall performance. the treo pro may have less ram and screen, but it has the same if not more processor, so it's pretty snappy.