PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

twentysixtwo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$119 down the drain...

Well, Sunday night my TP belly flopped from about 6 or 8 inches above a tile floor. The tile has a slight texture to it and the screen has a nice spiderweb pattern on it now.

It's less than 90 days old - I was hoping my Signature Visa would cover it, but after calling they said it's not covered for accidental damage. If my house was flooded, if it was stolen out of my jacket in a bar, or if there was a fire in my office, it would have been covered.

I do not have TEP (Let's not get into a discussion on insurance, as I believe in self-insuring to the max amount practical)

After calling around it looks like Sprint will swap me with a new or refurb for $120. I guess that's not unreasonable though I can think of any number of things on which I'd rather spend $120.

I suppose the good news is that any replacement will have a functional stylus sensor as I wasn't willing to send my phone to HTC for 2-3 weeks when mine futzed. Oh, and there's also some chipped chrome which bugged me.

Of course, when the $100 deductible goes into affect for TEP, this really isn't that bad a deal at all!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work
Re: $119 down the drain...

They raised the repair price to go along with the deductible increase, I think it used to be ~ $55. When I was dealing with my Mogul issues a few weeks ago, reports were that some repair centers were charging $120 while others still charged $55. It might be worth checking around if you're in area with several repair centers. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work

umm, i assume that u already know this, but if u had chipped chrome, then u should take it to a sprint store and have them give u another one.

i had a friend of mine who cracked the screen, so we went to a sprint store and the girl i talked to said that since he had some chipped chrome then she would exchange it out for a new one because it was a manufacturing defect.

didnt really make sense to me, but she did it. ohh, and i think that flirting helps out quite a bit. besides, it beats paying out 120 bucks
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: vzw

bigwally is becoming a great contributor

Has any one else had their TP exchanged for cracked chrome? Is there a time limit for doing so? I bought mine last November and it has a small chip in the chrome on the side.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dam90042 is becoming a great contributor

if the TP is still able to be programed then swap out to a replacement phone,ie...the one you had before the TP,after a couple of days swap back to the TP add TEP and file a claim a few days later.
It may work,maybe im wrong!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Call them back and say you found it and it worked. But later in the day someone stoled it.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

On the right hand side right where the tracks are my chrome has hair line cracks.. it has to be manufacture defect as the phone is less than a month old. I bought it new in box and unfortunatly doubt i'm covered as I bought it to use on metro pcs lol... I'd advise every 1 to check the right hand side right at the 2 slide tracks for cracks and see if there is an issue with it..I am sure most ppl have some sort of case on there tp so they'd never no they are there unless they inspect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwally View Post
Has any one else had their TP exchanged for cracked chrome? Is there a time limit for doing so? I bought mine last November and it has a small chip in the chrome on the side.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and HTC Touch Pro 2

smd3235 is a n00b

http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se..._service.shtml
the repair 119 charge is for physical damage and a cracked screen would be physical other wise if you do not have ESRP it would be a $55 charge for non physical damage issue.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Lurker

circuit breaker is a n00b

why am I paying for insurance & TEP or whatever at 100 a replacement if he can get it without for 120?

I freaking hate Sprint. punks.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

As far as the cracks in the chrome go, there is a set esn list of affected devices. Mostly the batch that came out in november. I just replaced one at work the other day because of it. The guy had taken it into the sprint store and they wouldnt exchange it because they said it was cosmetic. I looked it up and his was within the esn range..... So I sent him a new one!

Edit: A1000007800572 through A1000007805C7A

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif

Last edited by apacho01; 04-02-2009 at 08:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro