PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

davenukem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New TF3D2 Txt Interface Question? WITH SCREENS

I have been running Juicy 6 for a while, posted a question in his thread but now I'm wanting to see if i can't acquire a quicker answer through you.

For anybody who is interested in knowing about TF3D2, it's a nice system, but it still has its bugs. It is still rather new, and i'm sure with time it will become much quicker. At the same time, I must tell all of you the new perks in the system are extremely nice. If you are a student such as myself, the calendar tab with an ACTUAL CALENDAR is absolutely amazing. It streamlines the planning process. Things such as the new start menu take some getting used to, along with some of the interface perks but try it and see if you like it. I might be going back to TF3D soon if i can't fix some of these little things but not likely.... BUT MOVING ON TO MY QUESTION

TF3D2 introduced a new texting interface. On this new text interface you type your text into a field hit send and it will appear along in threaded fashion, it's just prettier than the old version. Now, the problem i am having is that extended or longer texts, even those less than 160 characters do not show up completely in this interface. I desire to find a way to somehow increase the allowed amount of characters per text message in this new interface.

Now, an attempt to help out fellow PPCgeekers, for any of you using TF3D2 discovering that at times your text messages do not appear once sent first off make sure you are hitting SEND with your finger, i was hitting enter alot and wasn't realizing it just drops down a line . That's the obvious one. Second, if you hit send and it doesn't appear give it a max of about 8-10 secs before you actually conclude it's not going to appear, sometimes it takes a bit longer. Third, if it actually isn't showing up soft reset, this pretty much always fixes the problem. Also, close the program, try again. Once it starts working its hard to "braek it" again. Also, i have had success tapping the menu button, bottom left softkey, which for some reason seems to refresh the system and make the text messages appear .

Alrighty

TLDR;

TF3D2 new texting interface doesn't show more than a certain amount of characters (130 est.) anyway to increase the amount of characters that i can show in a single text message through this new interface?

Now there are screens, note how my text cuts off, i continued writing something like god is great etc etc etc... idk any ideas guys?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (16.0 KB, 154 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by davenukem; 03-31-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Screen
Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz
Re: New TF3D2 Txt Interface Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
I have been running Juicy 6 for a while, posted a question in his thread but now I'm wanting to see if i can't acquire a quicker answer through you.

For anybody who is interested in knowing about TF3D2, it's a nice system, but it still has its bugs. It is still rather new, and i'm sure with time it will become much quicker. At the same time, I must tell all of you the new perks in the system are extremely nice. If you are a student such as myself, the calendar tab with an ACTUAL CALENDAR is absolutely amazing. It streamlines the planning process. Things such as the new start menu take some getting used to, along with some of the interface perks but try it and see if you like it. I might be going back to TF3D soon if i can't fix some of these little things but not likely.... BUT MOVING ON TO MY QUESTION

TF3D2 introduced a new texting interface. On this new text interface you type your text into a field hit send and it will appear along in threaded fashion, it's just prettier than the old version. Now, the problem i am having is that extended or longer texts, even those less than 160 characters do not show up completely in this interface. I desire to find a way to somehow increase the allowed amount of characters per text message in this new interface.

Now, an attempt to help out fellow PPCgeekers, for any of you using TF3D2 discovering that at times your text messages do not appear once sent first off make sure you are hitting SEND with your finger, i was hitting enter alot and wasn't realizing it just drops down a line . That's the obvious one. Second, if you hit send and it doesn't appear give it a max of about 8-10 secs before you actually conclude it's not going to appear, sometimes it takes a bit longer. Third, if it actually isn't showing up soft reset, this pretty much always fixes the problem. Also, close the program, try again. Once it starts working its hard to "braek it" again. Also, i have had success tapping the menu button, bottom left softkey, which for some reason seems to refresh the system and make the text messages appear .

Alrighty

TLDR;

TF3D2 new texting interface doesn't show more than a certain amount of characters (130 est.) anyway to increase the amount of characters that i can show in a single text message through this new interface?
So basically your saying that the text message doesn't appear when you hit send? I have noticed this too and I think it is just manila. But I don't have an issue with it because I just write a text message, send and close out of it. By the time I get a response it is updated.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno

do you have a screenshot of the new texting interface? havent used TF3D2 yet so just curious. sorry to derail XD
Old 03-31-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No sorry, not at the moment, and no, my problem is that the FULL text messages won't show up, it cuts them off after a certain number of characters and i have to open up the old threaded SMS to read the full one. Pretty annoying, so my question is how can i make it so that i can see the whole text message in the new texting interface.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ya a screenshot would be nice.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: New TF3D2 Txt Interface Question? WITH SCREENS

Now with screens guys well screen, its a nice system. That's landscape.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno

nice i didnt know that, that was the texting intwerface for TF3D2 i thought that interface was part of the new WM XD haha, i might have to use mightyrom Beta
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bump, need help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro