PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone does not charge while in call

Not sure if this is normal or not, but why doesn't the phone charge when in a call? I've noticed this will all ROM's and so I am inclined think its hardware related, but is there a fix that anyone knows of that will let the phone charge while you are in a call? I have a Sprint TP.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Phone does not charge while in call

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
Not sure if this is normal or not, but why doesn't the phone charge when in a call? I've noticed this will all ROM's and so I am inclined think its hardware related, but is there a fix that anyone knows of that will let the phone charge while you are in a call? I have a Sprint TP.
if u want it to keep charging u got to keep it cool...they have a kill switch to keep them from overheating & exploding

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Some people claim different radios will help in running cooler, but after trying them, I personally think it may have been a placebo effect. You can give that a shot b/c it's easy to switch back if it doesn't help. Also, as a kind of ghetto workaround, people also suggest sliding the keyboard out to help dissipate heat while you're talking.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Some people claim different radios will help in running cooler, but after trying them, I personally think it may have been a placebo effect. You can give that a shot b/c it's easy to switch back if it doesn't help. Also, as a kind of ghetto workaround, people also suggest sliding the keyboard out to help dissipate heat while you're talking.

I didnt think about the radio. I upgraded to the latest radio for my phone about a month ago. The keyboard idea sounds good too thanks. Im just wondering if there is SOME way to work around this besides that. Even if the phone is cool, I dont think it charges while in a phone call though...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nikkobenson is just getting started

I suspect (though I have not confirmed) that the amount of electricity being used during a call is more than the charger puts out.

A higher wattage charger might be the cure here. In fact, I remember reading on this board a couple of months back about a couple people trying out ebay chargers that could hanle more Amps. I'm wonder what ever came of that...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I dont know what charger you are using but the wall charger I have that comes with the phone is garbage. Its connection is loose and stops charging. I use my mogul charger and it never stops charging while I use it.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
I dont know what charger you are using but the wall charger I have that comes with the phone is garbage. Its connection is loose and stops charging. I use my mogul charger and it never stops charging while I use it.

I'm using the standard wall charger. The issue has nothing to do with the charger. I get the same results using the usb charger
Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can use this to increase how many mA your phone draws when charging. Please note the warning. I have been using the fast charge since he had it available as an OEM and I've never had any problems yet.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
You can use this to increase how many mA your phone draws when charging. Please note the warning. I have been using the fast charge since he had it available as an OEM and I've never had any problems yet.

I already have the latest Fast Charge installed. I appreciate that though thanks. Its not the charge that I have problems with, my phone charges fine, its just that I want it to charge while I'm talking on the phone if possible. Most phones do this. For instance, if your battery is low, and you are on the phone, you cant charge the phone without hanging up and wait til you have a decent enough to charge , thats ridiculous.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
I already have the latest Fast Charge installed. I appreciate that though thanks. Its not the charge that I have problems with, my phone charges fine, its just that I want it to charge while I'm talking on the phone if possible. Most phones do this. For instance, if your battery is low, and you are on the phone, you cant charge the phone without hanging up and wait til you have a decent enough to charge , thats ridiculous.
http://www.nuerom.com

Get the latest fast charge battery driver that he released last week, it works awesome for me. I can now charge my phone while on it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro