PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Help - have to get TP replaced & need advice

Well, after some investigation it looks like my TP's charging port is messed up. It won't charge unless the cord is inserted "just so" - like 1/2 way out and at an angle, so the hardware needs to be replaced since that's not possible to live with.

I bought this TP last October from Best Buy, put it on my AMEX card (which has warranty extension - double the original) and also have TEP (Total Equipment Protection) insurance.

Is there a way I can bring this back to a Sprint store (since BB probably will have nothing to do with solving this problem) and not be charged for the replacement? I mean no deductible either? How should I go about this?

The only other time I had a defective phone replaced, it was done at a Sprint store with no questions asked and nothing paid. But that wasn't a TP.

Please advise. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

RottenJosh is a n00b
Re: Help - have to get TP replaced & need advice

you should be able to take it into sprint to get it fixed since you have TEP, it doesnt matter where you bought it as the TEP will cover whateverphone you have on the plan right now. take it to a repair center to get it looked at they shouldnt charge you to fix it. they might have to order you another one but theyll have you pick it up in like 3 business days for free.

Last edited by RottenJosh; 04-07-2009 at 04:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

After reading the fine print on my policy again, it does indeed look like I won't be charged for a replacement (if that's what they do, and I expect they will). Only the data backup and inconvenience to deal with, I guess. Thanks.

Well, hope I get a new recently made one that's performed at least as well as this one did...
Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro

lilgrass71 is a n00b

they charge for the usb port. if you look in the contract i think it says so. my friend had his mogul had the same problem and they charged him 55 even with TEP
Old 04-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

they do not charge for the charging port. Besides the fact that i use to work there, my brother went into a random repair store and they did not charge him. as long as there is no physical damage that is covered under the warranty.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No abuse or damage has been done to this phone - and the USB port is (an important) part of the phone so it had better be covered!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
No abuse or damage has been done to this phone - and the USB port is (an important) part of the phone so it had better be covered!
thats exactly what i'm saying and its the truth, insurance is not only for when its your fault, its for factory problems as well and those are free and if they can't fix it they will replace it for free.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Lurker

whoadyitzd is just getting started

you can also go on to the sprint website and do the self service replacement guranteed to send you a phone without questions just as long as the phone is defective and not damged beyond repair or anything caused by you i did this on my first touch pro got a new one in the box 3 days later this was a month ago though so they might be sending refurbz now
Old 04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm going into the repair center tomorrow, since I have one that's within about 3 miles from me. The biggest bummer will hopefully only be losing the Ghost Armor covering I purchased, I guess - I don't expect them to actually fix the USB port, more likely they'll just give me a new one. As long as the backups I did work out, I'm not too worried.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro