PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 12:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

WildAce786 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Push E-mail questions

@regression:

Well, don't want to risk SEVEN messing with TF3D and certainly don't want it to spontaneouslly (even if only once) sent international SMS.

@82tarheel:

Isn't syncing via Windows Live essentially the same as the Send/Receive method and thus would drain the battery equally as much?

-----------

For now, I have opted to use Windows Live as outlined by regression. With the tests I performed (forwarding through multiple channels and timing how long it takes the TP to receive the message), I am satisfied. On average, it is close enough to the TP.

Also, thanks to both of you guys for your help and quick responses.

-----------

EDIT:

I also wanted to ask, on the TF3D Mail Tab, how do I go about removing the Outlook envelope for my Mail2Web Account?
When I go to Menu => Tools => Options, I see accounts for:
Text Messages
Outlook E-Mail
Hotmail
"Comcast username"
New Account...

When I press and hold the Comcast account, I get an option to Delete; however, this option is blanked out for Outlook.

If this is not possible, then could anybody tell me how to rearrange the envelopes so that the Hotmail account is on top (that is, it is the first account I see when I go to the Mail Tab on TF3D)?

Thanks to all who take a look at this.

Help me learn.

Last edited by WildAce786; 04-01-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

I don't think you can delete the Outlook account. Also, I don't know of any way to rearrange the envelopes on the mail tab. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but as far as I know that is just how it works....
Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
I don't think you can delete the Outlook account. Also, I don't know of any way to rearrange the envelopes on the mail tab. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but as far as I know that is just how it works....
While you can't delete it completely, from the list of accounts, I believe you can get the envelop to stop showing, by going to the Options section of Active Sync and deleteing the Exchange sync setup for it.

That should, at least get the envelop to stop showing on the Mail tab. It has for me, in the past.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Seven works fine with TF3D once it is setup. You need to shut TF3D off before you install Seven. When you restart, Seven will run and you configure your settings (you can push email, calendar, and contacts btw). After that, you just turn TF3D back on and you won't have any problems. If you don't disable TF3D before install, it just locks the phone up after the install. If this happens, just push the reset button and Seven will work fine from there (without ever turning off TF3D).

Be aware that Seven sends a text message to verify the account and your phone, which gets sent to England (so international text for us in the US). It's 20 cents/account if you have Sprint. I back up the Seven Folders under Application Data, Programs, and Windows-AppMgr. After the install, I just copy/replace all of the folders back to the corresponding place. I also export all registry keys/values in HKCU\Software\SEVEN and restore those as well. This avoids ever having to pay for international text other than the initial setup.

After hard resets, I find it simpler to turn off TF3D on Today Screen, install Seven, hit exit button after install, copy back up folders to proper location, import the registry settings, and then restart the phone. I also go to each account and 'refresh data' after hard reset to get my calendar items to show up (ones that were added previously).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Thanks mwalt2. Which version of seven are you using? I tried a couple different cabs (one was an older version and one was a newer one). I might give seven a go again now that you mentioned the TF3D trick......
Old 04-01-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Thanks mwalt2. Which version of seven are you using? I tried a couple different cabs (one was an older version and one was a newer one). I might give seven a go again now that you mentioned the TF3D trick......
I am using 7.1.5beta. I think it's the latest version (at least it doesn't say there are any updates available).
Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 (Mogul)

rasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrasmasyean is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Check out a little test I performed here to get some relative power usage data.

PUSH Hotmail / Livemail Power Test
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=185860
Old 04-13-2009, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dOOfus is just getting started

i also use seven with gmail. i've never tried m2w so i have nothing to compare it to. i've always had problems with their newer beta builds, so i stuck with 7.1.5 build 270159.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hzha is a n00b

Anybody has problem with Windows Live Hotmail push email? I am still using m2w now and would like to try hotmail. I have my Windows Live hotmail account setup in my Touch Pro and set Sync frequency to As items arrive. My mails were synced and all emails were downloaded to my phone at the beginning. However, the push email doesn't seem work very well. Tried more than 10 emails, only 2 emails were pushed over, other emails where not pushed after more than 5 minutes, so I had to use manual sync to get them. However m2w emails were quickly pushed over within seconds.

Anything wrong with my phone, or my settings with hotmail? Appreciate any help.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

WildAce786 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzha View Post
Anybody has problem with Windows Live Hotmail push email? I am still using m2w now and would like to try hotmail. I have my Windows Live hotmail account setup in my Touch Pro and set Sync frequency to As items arrive. My mails were synced and all emails were downloaded to my phone at the beginning. However, the push email doesn't seem work very well. Tried more than 10 emails, only 2 emails were pushed over, other emails where not pushed after more than 5 minutes, so I had to use manual sync to get them. However m2w emails were quickly pushed over within seconds.

Anything wrong with my phone, or my settings with hotmail? Appreciate any help.
I've been successfully using Hotmail for a bit over 2 weeks and have yet to have any problems with it. Like you, I have the frequency set to "as items arrive", and thats exactly what happens.

I've even tested it out, sending multiple e-mails to my Live Account and even to my Comcast account (which auto-forwards everything to my Live account). The reception time for me varies from 10 - 60 seconds (average of 30 seconds).

Make sure that the SPAM filter on Live is not sending your e-mails to the Junk box (that initially happened to me when I sent the messages to Live from my University account).

BTW, not sure if it's pertinent, but try it out with "Microsoft Direct Push" set to on in the Communications Tab.

Hope I helped.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro