PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

GMWILL is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Raised screen Edge

This is my first post ever after lurking for quite some time. Anyways I've had a lot of fun with asurion and sprint TEP over the last few weeks with touch pro defects

My touch pro had a different problem that I've not seen documented on the board thus far. The left side of the screen was raised away from the chrome. There was about a 1 mm raised edge and the glass was very sharp. It ended up knicking my finger at one point. In addition to this, the HTC logo had a bulge, ripple or bubble (whatever you want to call it) that caused the screen to be slightly raised in that area as well.

So I called up sprint and got a few people who had no idea what I was talking about. A few days later, one of the quality control people called up and asked why I was calling so much. She wondered if there was any problems I was having with sprint. I talked to her about the sharp edge of my phone and the unflushness of the screen. She told me she'd call be back in a few hours after inspecting the touch pros they had for reference (she was an instinct user she informed me)

Sure enough, she calls back in a few hours insisting that my phone be replaced imediatly. She says the models they have for reference are perfectly flush screens without any raising of the screen or bowing of htc label.

So now im waiting on a brand new replacement for this emo phone of mine. Hopefully my new one will not have a crazy sharp raised screen.

If anybody else has such a problem they should report it, HTC should not send out phones without secured, beautiful screens. The whole touch interface is in the screen, and a phone without an interface is poorly weighted paper weight.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro Raised screen Edge

i hope everything works out for you and welcome to the battlefield soldier!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

AboveTheBULL is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMWILL View Post
This is my first post ever after lurking for quite some time. Anyways I've had a lot of fun with asurion and sprint TEP over the last few weeks with touch pro defects

My touch pro had a different problem that I've not seen documented on the board thus far. The left side of the screen was raised away from the chrome. There was about a 1 mm raised edge and the glass was very sharp. It ended up knicking my finger at one point. In addition to this, the HTC logo had a bulge, ripple or bubble (whatever you want to call it) that caused the screen to be slightly raised in that area as well.

So I called up sprint and got a few people who had no idea what I was talking about. A few days later, one of the quality control people called up and asked why I was calling so much. She wondered if there was any problems I was having with sprint. I talked to her about the sharp edge of my phone and the unflushness of the screen. She told me she'd call be back in a few hours after inspecting the touch pros they had for reference (she was an instinct user she informed me)

Sure enough, she calls back in a few hours insisting that my phone be replaced imediatly. She says the models they have for reference are perfectly flush screens without any raising of the screen or bowing of htc label.

So now im waiting on a brand new replacement for this emo phone of mine. Hopefully my new one will not have a crazy sharp raised screen.

If anybody else has such a problem they should report it, HTC should not send out phones without secured, beautiful screens. The whole touch interface is in the screen, and a phone without an interface is poorly weighted paper weight.
I'm glad you got it worked out. I would go insane if I was forced to deal with a phone exhibiting those problems. I've been a HUGE proponent of reporting quality concerns to Sprint and HTC, and then making certain they address them favorably.

I'm just hoping they will have more consistent build quality in the TP2....
Old 03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Lurker

dan c is a n00b

Maaaan, I thought I was the only one with this problem! It sounds like we have the same exact phone. Ever since I took mine out of the box, the HTC logo had a little bulge under it, but I thought nothing of it. Then, little by little the bottom left corner started "rolling up" (I can't think of a better way to explain it). Thanks the the extreme glossiness of the screen, it stands out like a sore thumb.
I went to my local store, and they said they've never seen it before. So, I may have to take your route. Did you just call the basic cust support number, or is there another number you can recommend?

I appreciate any help!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GMWILL is a n00b

I always call basic sprint before I call asurion. Anyways you'll probably have to call a bunch of times. For me, the problem was so bad it snagged my case and pants at the corners of the screen. The phone screen on the phone is supposed to be almost totally flush. I normally am not too fussy about minor phone issues, but a screen that snags on my pants when im takin it out of my pocket or out of the case, or knicks my finger is not cool.

Like I said in my post, I got a call from somebody higher up in customer support after so much bad help from the regular tech people.

If you get somebody that doesn't understand what you are trying to say, you should hang up and call again in a couple hours. There will be lots that will say this is "cosmetic damage" when it really isnt cosmetic or damage. Its a manufacturing defect that could cause the phone interface (touchscreen) to fail. You need to make them understand you recieved a poor quality product. It's not sprints fault either, and nor is it a major problem to refurbish the item with a new screen.

It helps if you just get the device and notice a problem rather than waiting a few weeks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ESsprint is just getting started

Just for the record, I am pretty sure the "bulge" under the logo is normal. At least in sprint phones.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Lurker

dan c is a n00b

Sounds good, man. I appreciate it.
I got my phone about a month ago, so I'm going to call tomorrow.

Thanks, again.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

GMWILL is a n00b

is the bulge perhaps where the ribbon connects? Bulge didn't bother me nearly as much as raised screen. Raised screen is not fun

I thought verizons had screen bulge as well...
Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheBULL View Post

I'm just hoping they will have more consistent build quality in the TP2....
I had similar hopes for the 6700...and the Mogul....and the TP.....HTC quality?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
I had similar hopes for the 6700...and the Mogul....and the TP.....HTC quality?
It seems to be that they really cheap out or maybe cant figure out slider phones. Because the Touch and the Diamond are like tanks. My girl has dropped, tossed, and kicked her Diamond and that thing still looks brand new. All I know is if I did that with my TP it would be in pieces, full of scratches, and most likely the KB would not work anymore. I dont care to have a shiney phone why did they have to make the damn thing into a mirror? I would love it to be a matte black.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro