PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DalesWife is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard Reset / Daylight Savings Time error

Can anybody give me step by step instructions on how to do a hard reset on my Touch Pro?

My phone never automatically moved one hour ahead for Daylight Savings Time (even though my husband is on Sprint and his phone changed the time automatically)
Anybody have any ideas as to why? It really messes up my calendar (everyones birthdays now take up two days because of the hour difference between my incorrect phone time and my laptop time) Anybody know how to fix it so I dont go through this again when we fall back an hour?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Hard Reset / Daylight Savings Time error

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWife View Post
Can anybody give me step by step instructions on how to do a hard reset on my Touch Pro?

My phone never automatically moved one hour ahead for Daylight Savings Time (even though my husband is on Sprint and his phone changed the time automatically)
Anybody have any ideas as to why? It really messes up my calendar (everyones birthdays now take up two days because of the hour difference between my incorrect phone time and my laptop time) Anybody know how to fix it so I dont go through this again when we fall back an hour?
You have to install the windows mobile dst patch that microsoft released. i have attached it below. Here is the website that talks about it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...gs-update.mspx
Attached Files
File Type: cab windowsmobile-kb958729[TIME].cab (16.4 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

DalesWife is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
You have to install the windows mobile dst patch that microsoft released. i have attached it below. Here is the website that talks about it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...gs-update.mspx
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thanks for answering so quickly AND for providing the .cab file - that really made this very simple for me to fix myself. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWife View Post
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thanks for answering so quickly AND for providing the .cab file - that really made this very simple for me to fix myself. Thanks!
Glad i was able to help.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have an issue with a Sprint Touch Pro 2. I've installed the update from Microsoft for daylight savings time, and it works fine. The problem is that whenever I turn off the device, or do a soft reset...which is fairly often, it loses the update and I have to both uninstall it and then reinstall it. Is this right???

Help! I'm a business user and rely on my device as a PDA as much as a phone. This is unacceptable!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

dadof2boyz is a n00b

I have this exact same problem...and seems like even if I don't soft reset, sometimes it still reverts back to the 1 hour earlier problem on my Touch Pro2...any way to fix this?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey everyone. I know that dadof2boyz and I can't be the only ones with this problem? I've tried searching the posts here and haven't come up with anything.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know of a fix? Or do I just wait for the time shift on March 14 and hope all my appointments move to the correct time (which certainly doesn't help me make appts for the future)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro