PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Vayaconqueso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZ users with (working for the moment) Sprint TP's... What are our alternatives?

Thanks for all the responses - I guess I'll hold onto the phone for now. I didn't realize I could flash it. I'll probably give mighty a try. I didn't think of the asurion route either - I've been carrying them on my account since day 1, and it's saved my butt a few times. Mainly because VZ seems much more likely to send free refurbs when you have that (we're talking treo 700p's here). (what one has to do with the other, i don't know, but that's what the VZ Tech reps said)

The Electrical engineer in me is a bit curious as to where the MEID is stored hardware wise -is it the radio or the mainbord. - I.E. would it be possible to take parts from a sprint and verizon phone to make a hybred. Possibly get sprint's memory and keyboard, but with a true (not cloned) verizon phone. that's just a thought though... i'll have to search down where the info is stored.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: VZ users with (working for the moment) Sprint TP's... What are our alternatives?

It would be cloning no matter how you put it. The MEID is stored in the radio, ESN is actually a pESN thats generated from the MEID.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Anyone seen this for the htc titan?

Write a MEID to the titan/vogue http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41126

What are everyone's thoughts on doing the same to the touch pro?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It won't, for one, the TP/Diamond is already a MEID device, the ESN is a pESN (pseudo) derived from the MEID. And two, the method does not work on a TP. Cloning or altering the ESN in any form is illegal. By altering the MEID, you will be altering the ESN.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

if you got in on the *228 option 3 then your phone is already added to the verizon database.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tektronix View Post
if you got in on the *228 option 3 then your phone is already added to the horizon database.
Are you sure about that??

That's how I added my phone, & I was on the line with TS a few months ago before all this cr@p started & the tech asked the my meid claiming "it isn't showing up in our system for some reason"

I don't think he was lying, he was bending over backward to help me out at the time.

Also, if it is "already added to their data base" why can't somebody reactivate it again at this point (apparently that doesn't work anymore)?

If it is already in the system, shouldn't the *228 option 3 still work on that particular phone??

~John
Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor

well my contract will end next month so as soon as my phone stops working good-bye verizon unless they impress me with the tp2.... Probably at&t next
Old 04-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would go with 3...get sprint then move in a good coverage area

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb240z View Post
.. Probably at&t next
If you want good network coverage, I wouldn't advise going that route.

The owner of the company where I work switched to ATT recently as he just "had to have" an iphone.

Within 30 days, he was back to VZ service for two reasons. One was the terrible ATT network coverage, the other was the terrible battery life of the iphone...........

~John
Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
If you want good network coverage, I wouldn't advise going that route.

The owner of the company where I work switched to ATT recently as he just "had to have" an iphone.

Within 30 days, he was back to VZ service for two reasons. One was the terrible ATT network coverage, the other was the terrible battery life of the iphone...........

~John

my buddy has att...out here in az...i used to have att out here in az...granted their network has gooten alot better since their early tdma/gsm days alot better...out here in az...if your not staying on a highway then dont get att.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro