PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

motocrossyz85 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Touch Pro is pretty laggy... Any fixers???

So this phone is kinda driving me nuts with the lagg... I am used to a much faster operating system... is there any way to tweak the cpu or is there a program to download to make it run faster and smoother?

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

ryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ryallchild
Re: Touch Pro is pretty laggy... Any fixers???

check this out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730 (touch pro essentials)
then check out the upgrades section here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

there are some good custom roms out there that will make a world of difference just do ytour research in the upgrades section and you should be good to go
Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrossyz85 View Post
So this phone is kinda driving me nuts with the lagg... I am used to a much faster operating system... is there any way to tweak the cpu or is there a program to download to make it run faster and smoother?

Thanks!
there are a lot of good roms on this, but I would go with the one that has more than a half a million views (your lag issues and short battery life will be history. Just make sure you follow ths insructions to unlock phone and flashing etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Thanks!

In addition to going to a custom rom as others have suggested, you can also disable TF#D... which makes the pro laggier than it actually is, and replace it w/ a basic today screen or another UI like point UI's home 2
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So does all of your guys phones take like 3 seconds to switch over when you open the keyboard and it lags when im texting and it always seems to have to catch up... I need a way to speed this damn phone up! its killing me!!!! and I close all the programs and it still takes forever just to do things!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xdanimalx is just getting started

Quote:
So does all of your guys phones take like 3 seconds to switch over when you open the keyboard and it lags when im texting and it always seems to have to catch up... I need a way to speed this damn phone up! its killing me!!!! and I close all the programs and it still takes forever just to do things!
Try a custom rom, soft resetting, CleanRam, Hardresetting.
My phone was horrible all week. Now its randomly fine haha
Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
you need to disable T9 and word completion this greatly increases speed of typing
and if you want a super fast rom go with lllboredlll [check my signature]
or silence 9 for a more loaded rom yet still very quick!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker

fireman50 is a n00b

I run this ROM:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=page+pool

It made a huge difference. I wasn't in to all of the customizing that alot of the ROMS here have, but this one is bone stock except for the page pool. Do some reading on flashing - it's actually very easy - and you'll be in good shape.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So how exactly do you do roms on the tp? I am kinda confused... so if I wanted to do lllboredlll's TP2 1.2.1.B... How would I go about doing it?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Re: Touch Pro is pretty laggy... Any fixers???

A ROM is a total custom sofware with out any of the Sprint software if you're on sprint or other carriers addware. Ex: sprint tv, navigation, music store, etc. If you don't use this than you can go ahead and do a ROM upgrade but first you must unlock your phone to do this. I'm currently running on Mighty ROM 4.15 and is pretty stable and fast. The problem with the stock software the phone is ship with is that if you have too many programs open at the same time this will definately slow your phone a lot. Now if you have unlock your phone if you decide to use the Mighty ROM the latest is 4.16 I'm pretty sure that one is as fast as the earlier versions. Here all you have to do is download the RAR file and extract on your computer and run the RUU file and follow the steps. If you have already text messages and contacts on your phone I will suggest using PIM backup before upgrading as this process will erase all your phone's information. This program will back up all your text messages, contacts, calendar appointments and some other options to your memory card, is simple to use.

Giovanny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro