PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

chrisb2e9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
contacts stored as a file?

Hello,
Today I got tired of random freezes so I changed to a custom rom from the telus one. Very happy with it so far but I didn't backup and lost my contacts.

I did however copy every file that you can copy when you view the device in windows. Are the contacts/text messages stored as a file anywhere on the phone?

And sorry if this is in the forum somewhere. I tried searching but came up empty.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: contacts stored as a file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
Hello,
Today I got tired of random freezes so I changed to a custom rom from the telus one. Very happy with it so far but I didn't backup and lost my contacts.

I did however copy every file that you can copy when you view the device in windows. Are the contacts/text messages stored as a file anywhere on the phone?

And sorry if this is in the forum somewhere. I tried searching but came up empty.
The contacts/calendar/call longs/sms are all stored in a file called PIM.vol which is on the root of the device "\"

If you have that file, flash back to whatever ROM you were using, then copy that file and replace it, soft-reset, then run a program like PPC PIM-backup from dotfred.net
Old 03-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
Hello,

What i do is copy the pim, and name it pim2, (cant have two pim). place the copy on my storage card. When im done flashin, go in rename the default pim "pim3" and copy your saved "pim2" back to the device and rename it back to pim. soft reset.

i have pim backup on my rom, but i always use this.

Plus if your phone ever goes down, screen goes out, you have a backup of your contacts. i keep a backup on my computer too in case i lose my phone.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

chrisb2e9 is a n00b

I don't know why but I didn't copy the files in the root directory.
Oh well, was worth a shot. Thanks guys. I guess i deserve this for doing it half asleep.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro