PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verzion

not1ofthepack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verzion TP activated on Alltel with problems

I have tried all the different roms on here, updated the radio. Currently I am using mighty rom. When I click on the internet I get Error code 67. Check my username/password. The people work at alltel have no clue what to tell me, other than it maybe july before they actually switch to verzion.

So Can I install an alltel rom on a verzion phone? Or is there a alltel cab file I can install on top of rom, or anyone know how to fix the error 67 problem?

Thank you, I love the phone, I just want to use it to full potential.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: Verzion TP activated on Alltel with problems

alltel is verizon and even currently several alltel phones are being added to the new vzw database. that said can you describe what you did in a little bit of detail? did you request a dmu reset from alltel aka verizon?
Old 03-30-2009, 12:30 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

not1ofthepack is a n00b

well the story goes I have a friend working in all tel and told be back in dec. that they could activate the verzion phones no problem. So I watch ebay for a good deal on a TP. I went with a verzion one since it seems to be on average $50 cheaper just have that logo on the front vs alltel.

I get the verzion TP and go into the alltel store. My friend is not working so I am seem b a girl I know has worked there for yrs. I say I would like to switch my 6800 to this, she looks at the phone and then tells me she cant because the networks are not fully merged and that they are having problems with some phones, like the cholocate, and some others.... so I said well I was told back in Dec you could. To which she tell me to go back to who ever because they are not going to until july.

So I called up my friend found out she was working the next day, I go in she enters my ESN and phone is working ringing, doing text, basic phone functions. Now she did say that I might have some issues while the networks are still cleanign up but nothing I could figure out. well hafer 5 days of reading though post on here about the interent I went back to her. I could figure it out, so she redid my account reactivated the phone, but still couldn't get it still geting error code 67, tryin to dial #777 "Your PCS vision username/passwordmy be incorrect" please try again..

She gave me alltel 1888 number for tech support but then she did tell me not to tell them it was a verzion phone. So Now Im asking for help because I think I would get much better help here than some tech on the phone plus I can learn from here.

Last edited by not1ofthepack; 03-30-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

The Verizon version doesn't just have a different logo. It also has a crippled GPS and significantly less RAM
Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

not1ofthepack is a n00b

well that just sucks. how much ram is gone? Should I buy an alltel TP ?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nothing because I'm broke. :'-( sad i know..
Carrier: Alltel (i guess Verizon now...)

rebelmuddlite is becoming a great contributor

i would vote yes, check your pm
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

not1ofthepack is a n00b

yeah rebelmuddlite I'm going to pass on buying a phone with a bad ESN.. you know that's just a bad thing to do.

so I'm still looking for a spreed sheet on the the differences between the tp's. I always assumed all the phone were the same, with just different name printed on them

ahh I found it 192 vzn vs 288 with all the rest, sigh, looking like i will be looking for alltel versions, thank you helping me by pointing out vzn crippled phone

Last edited by not1ofthepack; 03-31-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Don't bother, from what several people at Verizon have told me, you'll be required to upgrade to a Verizon device in 6 months. Basic phone service is all they will provide, they will be removing data from all existing Alltel phones in the coming weeks. The Alltel merger is going to be a part of the Any Apps Any Device program, where Alltel and other unlocked CDMA devices will get a lower tier of service with basic functionality unless you get the device certified at one of their soon to open locations, then its pay-per-kb data. Feel free to ask the Verizon reps yourself, I'm just relaying what I've been told.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro