PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II on SERO
Carrier: Sprint

ejoshkim is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Adding Cities Still not working

As per instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...eatherdatabase I've tried to add my city to no avail.
(Yes I did install .net framework and the city edit program)

for the city code I've tried the following

NAM|US|CA|LACRESCENTA
NAM|US|CA|LA CRESCENTA
NAM|US|CA|LA%20CRESCENTA
NAM|US|CA|91214

None of these city codes are working. Am I missing something?

I've done for the same for the city of san fernando. what is going on? Can someone help or point me to the right direction?
Old 03-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: Adding Cities Still not working

i dunno why you're having those problems cuz i just added your city and it works. i'm using the 1.1 modified.cab with netcf 3.5

Old 03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Try this cab file. it already has La Crescenta.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Weather Database for TF3D v2.cab (1.58 MB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 03-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Try the underscore between LA_CRESCENTA
Old 03-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

i didn't use underscore. i just used State: CA, city: La Crescenta, Code: NAM|US|CA|LA CRESCENTA
Old 03-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yeah usually the underscore doesn't work but on occasion it has... I don't see why the zip didn't work, that seems to be the most reliable method.

Accuweather online shows a dash la-crescenta

Last edited by eenieMINI; 03-28-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:48 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Like Yearn says, just use the Weather Database he posted. It has like every city and if not you can add it easily.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

adenicol is just getting started

I ran your cab and when I go to the weather it keeps crashing my touchflo. So, I started to play around with it and what I finaly got to work was to use my database (the original 2330fc3c_manila with my city added) and your registry weather URL.

If I use your URL it works fine, if I don't use it, it won't update the weather. The only thing difference from the pre-packaged weather is that I added this to the database:

NAM|US|FL|FRUITLAND PARK
(I have also tried it with the zip and also with an underscore instead of spaces).

And am running with your URL.

Any idea what is being sent back differently than the stack URL? Or why it will work with your server but not Accuweathers?

And maybe this work around will help if anyone else is having troubles.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro