PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon

robodude2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My phone pauses every few seconds or so

My phone has started a new very annoying behavior. Every few seconds or sometimes few minutes it pauses. It stops everything and fails to respond to what I'm doing. The pause last for about 3-7 seconds then it'll try to catch up to my button presses.

Before I hard reset is there anything I should try? Soft reseting does nothing. And it doesn't matter what I have open (or nothing open) to duplicate the problem.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community
Re: My phone pauses every few seconds or so

Did you install any new programs that might be causing this??

Also what ROM are you running??
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by robodude2 View Post
My phone has started a new very annoying behavior. Every few seconds or sometimes few minutes it pauses. It stops everything and fails to respond to what I'm doing. The pause last for about 3-7 seconds then it'll try to catch up to my button presses.

Before I hard reset is there anything I should try? Soft reseting does nothing. And it doesn't matter what I have open (or nothing open) to duplicate the problem.
That started happening to me when I would text someone, I found no fix and ultimately hard reset.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Default ROM. Most recent program installed was the new Google YouTube app. Before that is some Sudoku game. I deleted Google YouTube but that didn't fix it. I don't think the problem is related to the game because it's been on there for a couple weeks.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Default ROM. Most recent program installed was the new Google YouTube app. Before that is some Sudoku game. I deleted Google YouTube but that didn't fix it. I don't think the problem is related to the game because it's been on there for a couple weeks.
Don't think thats the problem either. Since your running the Stock ROM I recommend you try a custom ROM. It will be a lot more faster and I'm sure you won't have those kind of problems.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmm... I'm a bit skeptical about trying a new ROM. The risk of bricking my phone just isn't worth it to me. Guess I'm still a newb.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Hmm... I'm a bit skeptical about trying a new ROM. The risk of bricking my phone just isn't worth it to me. Guess I'm still a newb.
risk is minimal...if you do it right

Really though just read up on it and don't get too scared. I was scared the first few times and it is no big deal now. If you do get stuck, there are a ton of knowledgeable users here that will help. I am personally a fan of jakdillard's ROM's.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My phone does that once is a great while while texting (it only does it while texting) & has done it on every ROM I've ever tried. I am running Mighty 4.16

I use Vito SMS-chat & TouchPal in T+ (which is insanely fast 99% of the time), but once in a while it just stops responding for a second (it's like its confused what word to pick) & then it goes right on like nothing happened.

I can then finish the text & send another with no problem whatever. It is REALLY annoying when it happens, but since the system runs perfectly in every other way I just live with it.

~John
Old 03-27-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I too could live with it IF and only if it didn't happen as frequently as it is. As it stands right now, I can't use my phone for more than 3 minutes without a pause. That is way too annoying for me. I'll probably hard reset this weekend....sigh
Old 03-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I too could live with it IF and only if it didn't happen as frequently as it is. As it stands right now, I can't use my phone for more than 3 minutes without a pause. That is way too annoying for me. I'll probably hard reset this weekend....sigh
Backup everything important/stuff you need, then the hard-reset won't be so painfull
dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro