PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 11:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Yet another way to lock the phone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
Is PS "quick"? !
It is lightning fast compared to the other options.

~John
Old 03-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

may be a little late to the game here, and I am not sure how it will work on a pro (I have a titan), but the fastest, lightest lock ap I have ever used is onlock. All it does is lock the device from a power button hit, and when you tap the power button again, it wakes up and requires two quick taps to fully unlock (ringing phone can be answered and ended without unlocking, but that is it. I am mobile now, but search the site for onlock.zip I have upped it before...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Excheese is just getting started

I tried sensorlock and I liked it's functionality, but it seemed to kill the battery life.

Ex

"Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes"
Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

PocketShield is by far the best locking mechanism. It's very non-intrusive and you can choose to have it auto-unlock when it detects light (i.e. when its out of your pocket).
Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

very upset with pocket shield tonight. I paid, I activated, and tonight it is trying to force me to reactivate on a stock touch pro. not good...I am extremely disappointed right now.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
very upset with pocket shield tonight. I paid, I activated, and tonight it is trying to force me to reactivate on a stock touch pro. not good...I am extremely disappointed right now.
Hmm? The same key will work just fine. If you have hard reset the phone you'll have to do that, as the registration files will be removed.

If you're really having problems with it, drop the authors a quick note about it in their forums. They are actually helpful and will have an answer faster than you think, I believe. That was the major selling point for me to get the program.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:44 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
That shouldn't really be a big deal (certainly nothing to get upset about)

Just re-enter your email address & reg key & you should be good to go.

If you have problems email them, their tech support is fantastic......

~John
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

It's frustrating and not to mention embarrassing when you are in front of a client and your phone makes you wait 9 seconds to unlock, with a big "ACTIVATE NOW" button on your phone, for something you've paid for.

It's one thing for free software to act up, but once paid software is activated it should *never* request re-activation unless, as noted, the user re-installs (and fails to reactivate).

Sorry, but this touches a hot button for me.

Edit: updated from 2.6.0.5 to 2.6.1.0 final and I'll see if it happens again. This issue was reported on their forums with an earlier version too.

Last edited by haus; 03-31-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
It's frustrating and not to mention embarrassing when you are in front of a client and your phone makes you wait 9 seconds to unlock, with a big "ACTIVATE NOW" button on your phone, for something you've paid for.

It's one thing for free software to act up, but once paid software is activated it should *never* request re-activation unless, as noted, the user re-installs (and fails to reactivate).

Sorry, but this touches a hot button for me.

Edit: updated from 2.6.0.5 to 2.6.1.0 final and I'll see if it happens again. This issue was reported on their forums with an earlier version too.
This was an issue with the program, where if you upgraded you needed to reactivate because it couldn't save activation information after a reinstall. Anyway, when you reactivate on the same phone, the email and regkey should already be inputted, you just have to press the activate button again and it reactivates. I'm also not sure why it couldn't just stay activated. I let it go because the support staff is very nice people and respond to questions/problems pretty quickly.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Anyway, when you reactivate on the same phone, the email and regkey should already be inputted, you just have to press the activate button again and it reactivates. .
Correct. I have had to do that a couple times after an updgrade.

It's kinda silly, but it takes about 2 seconds & has never been a problem really.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro