PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon vx6800
Carrier: verizon

loungebear is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon won't activate my Sprint Touch Pro

I did lots of reading... Gathered all the stuff that I needed and unlocked, flashed and successfully connected my Sprint touch pro to Verizon. Everything worked, Calls, Data, Text. It was perfect.

Then I decided to reflash and a few EPST settings got messed up. The short story is that I activated an old phone as I could not get my data connection to work.

Now, I cannot reactivate the Sprint touch pro. It seems like Verizon won't activate it as the ESN is not one of theirs. I can't do anything with it. I know it works fine on their network as I had it running and boy howdy did it work great. But it seems as if they changed something with the activation process and I am hosed.

Has anyone else had trouble like this????
Old 03-26-2009, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ismhawk is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to ismhawk Send a message via Yahoo to ismhawk
Re: Verizon won't activate my Sprint Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungebear View Post
I did lots of reading... Gathered all the stuff that I needed and unlocked, flashed and successfully connected my Sprint touch pro to Verizon. Everything worked, Calls, Data, Text. It was perfect.

Then I decided to reflash and a few EPST settings got messed up. The short story is that I activated an old phone as I could not get my data connection to work.

Now, I cannot reactivate the Sprint touch pro. It seems like Verizon won't activate it as the ESN is not one of theirs. I can't do anything with it. I know it works fine on their network as I had it running and boy howdy did it work great. But it seems as if they changed something with the activation process and I am hosed.

Has anyone else had trouble like this????
i can only help u so much, but if u were to check the main touch pro tread and not the upgrade spin off, this is a topic that is really huge there...

from what i know verizon did change up how the phones are activated and a lot of people are having that issue...

again don't know which tread it is, but if u check like the first 5 or 6 pages of the main touch pro forum you should be able to find what your looking for.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

here ya go champ http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663
Old 03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ismhawk is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to ismhawk Send a message via Yahoo to ismhawk

and heres another u beat me to the punch lol http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61926

this one should help answer your question more... along the lines WHY it stopped working, being that u already know HOW to make the connection and everything to verizon from sprint...
Old 03-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, VZW and their "open" network.

Just switch to Sprint.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

there is a thread for discussion the loophole being plugged. sadly since this is plugged many users can be considered SOL unless you ask real nicely for the device to be added
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Call em up and ask them to fill out the MEID Authorization form, not widely known but they do have it available. You can try activating at a third-party retailer as well.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

I'm with Chappy, switch to Sprint! haha, it would be easier... right... right...?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Switching to Sprint is not a legit option for many people & it gets really old reading people posting that cr@p when it doesn't help out the OP at all..........

~John
Old 03-26-2009, 09:28 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Switching to Sprint is not a legit option for many people & it gets really old reading people posting that cr@p when it doesn't help out the OP at all..........

~John
If you are wanting to use Sprint's TP, then in all fairness, you should be with Sprint. I think that's what everyone that post's like that is trying to say.

Last edited by ott; 03-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro