PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
What's My Problem?

About two weeks ago I was driving out of town when my phone froze. I restarted it and it was stuck on the touch pro boot screen and would not boot up. So I did a hard reset. Now this happens about every two days or so. I've tried a number of custom roms and nothing is fixing this and its a real pain to sync up everything every two days. Do you think its a rom issue, radio issue, or hardware issue?
Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: What's My Problem?

After being hypnotized by your signature image I was compelled to take my phone and throw it against the wall... now it is smashed. :'(

Just kidding... I don't know, dude... sorry.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
After being hypnotized by your signature image I was compelled to take my phone and throw it against the wall... now it is smashed. :'(

Just kidding... I don't know, dude... sorry.
lol, i think ill change it
Old 03-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Could be a Bootloader issue? While I doubt something like the bootloader could be corrupted, see if it's possible to unlock your phone again, or relock it to a stock ROM
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Sound hardware to me. As suggested, relock and flash to stock. If that doesn't fix things, be prepared to take the phone in for replacement. For the future, you should also consider getting a backup program like Sprite or SPB which make restoring from a hard reset a breeze. I have my phone back itself up every day at 4:00AM and keep the latest 3 backups on the SD card. Good luck!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Software issue.

One of your .cab files is probably corrupt. I had this happen, deleting my entire program library and starting fresh made the problem disappear. The phone would flash fine, everything would work fine till I re-installed all of my programs... after that, the phone would probably just lock up, and get stuck on the Touch Pro boot screen till I hard reset it.

Try hard resetting it but installing nothing, see if it runs just fine - it probably will.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.

Rento_VW is just getting started

To jump off-topic again.. Is that a fake number in your sig... or is that the actual number? Lol.... not smart.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

Most likely a software issue. My phone recently locked up with opera mini open and i couldnt boot it because it got stuck in the same way as you describe. I believe the culprit was java. Other than that.. try to see how it works without a memory stick inserted since that could be another possibility.

try running the phone with a popular ROM with nothing but the default programs that come with it.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rento_VW View Post
To jump off-topic again.. Is that a fake number in your sig... or is that the actual number? Lol.... not smart.

That's a fake number man, Hollywood uses the 555 prefix in all it's numbers and no phone company in the world uses 555 because of the deal that was worked out with the movie industry. So whenever you see a 555 prefix, it's a fake number.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
For the future, you should also consider getting a backup program like Sprite or SPB which make restoring from a hard reset a breeze. I have my phone back itself up every day at 4:00AM and keep the latest 3 backups on the SD card. Good luck!
I've tried just about every backup program and they all freeze my phone for hours making me miss my alarm, calls, email, texts... Cant seem to get them to work on the tp but worked good on my mogul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Software issue.
Try hard resetting it but installing nothing, see if it runs just fine - it probably will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
try running the phone with a popular ROM with nothing but the default programs that come with it.
Tried this last time but phone still froze and got stuck when I reset
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Could be a Bootloader issue? While I doubt something like the bootloader could be corrupted, see if it's possible to unlock your phone again, or relock it to a stock ROM
I unlocked/relocked and flashed back to stock and wont install any cabs for a few days to see if that works. Also I remember about a month ago I tried a 6.5 ROM, do you think that could be causing this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro