PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Issue: Can not remove battery cover (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62471)

piranah 03-26-2009 04:35 AM

Issue: Can not remove battery cover

i dyed my battery cover, and it was perfect...now i can not remove the back cover, no matter how hard i try. i really want to be able to put my storage card in there, but cant get the bloody thing off...

i dont have a spare cover, otherwise i would gently "cut" it off...anybody have any ideas as to how to remove it?

selders59 03-26-2009 04:47 AM

Re: Issue: Can not remove battery cover

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 800494)
i dyed my battery cover, and it was perfect...now i can not remove the back cover, no matter how hard i try. i really want to be able to put my storage card in there, but cant get the bloody thing off...

i dont have a spare cover, otherwise i would gently "cut" it off...anybody have any ideas as to how to remove it?

](*,)It sounds like the dye is acting like a glue and holding your cover on tight. Have you tried taking an thin blade razor knife around the outer edge of your cover to maybe cut through the dye?

cndm101 03-26-2009 05:57 AM

soak it in warm water

ulysses 03-26-2009 06:53 AM

put the phone in the microwave... easiest way... :-P.. i'm joking... please DON'T do that... lol..
i had the same prob with one of my covers, i left it in the pot tooo long (forgot about it and went on a date), anywho, i learned that if you press down a little harder on the bottom of the battery case (where the lanyard hole is) while pushing towards the top of the phone, it'll pop off.
this is a result of the battery case being somewhat deformed from the heat...

-u

dallas contractor 03-26-2009 07:10 AM

You did remove the cover to dye it and let it dry did you not?

chronster 03-26-2009 10:23 AM

Put the phone in the bathroom with the shower running at it's hottest for like 15-20 minutes. If the ink is acting like a glue, the steam might help to loosen it up temporarily.

(put the phone face down on a paper towel, not just on the toilet's porcelain or something, otherwise the condensation might collect.)

myselfdotcom 03-26-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 800838)
Put the phone in the bathroom with the shower running at it's hottest for like 15-20 minutes. If the ink is acting like a glue, the steam might help to loosen it up temporarily.

(put the phone face down on a paper towel, not just on the toilet's porcelain or something, otherwise the condensation might collect.)

dont !

that might also causes your water sticker marker to goes red...moist

piranah 03-26-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 800562)
You did remove the cover to dye it and let it dry did you not?

yea, this was the second time ive dyed the cover. i did everything exactly the same. i let it dry outside for about 40 minutes and everything....

chronster 03-26-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myselfdotcom (Post 800964)
dont !

that might also causes your water sticker marker to goes red...moist

really? youve done it? oh wait u didnt k thx bye lol jk.

almost everyone does this for ghost armor installs. its safe

dallas contractor 03-26-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 801025)
yea, this was the second time ive dyed the cover. i did everything exactly the same. i let it dry outside for about 40 minutes and everything....

Was it humid outside when you dried it?If so it will take more to dry out.