PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO
Carrier: Verizon

mrspeedmaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon's promised gps upgrade

Whatever happened to that? They promised Q1.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Verizon's promised gps upgrade

its still quarter 1 isnt it? i guess we will have to wait and see what big red does for us...
I wouldnt be surprised if it was a quiet release. Thats what happened with the blackberry curve!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

I dont know if I'd look foward to their supposed release. Remeber this is Verizon we are talking about. If they unlock it there will no doubt be either restrictions or loss of other functions. It's just the way they play thier game. Their aGPS servers recently went under a not so good change, they firgued out a way to make it alot harder to get a Sprint TP on their network. I don't even wanna see what unlocking the gps will turn into.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I dont know if I'd look foward to their supposed release. Remeber this is Verizon we are talking about. If they unlock it there will no doubt be either restrictions or loss of other functions. It's just the way they play thier game. Their aGPS servers recently went under a not so good change, they firgued out a way to make it alot harder to get a Sprint TP on their network. I don't even wanna see what unlocking the gps will turn into.
haha bored you have a point. verizon is really pissing me off.. wish i could switch to sprint but my dad needs verizon for his business
i was thinking about picking up one of those sero plans that guy was selling and paying for it myself would cost the same as what my line on our family plan does right now haha plus i would get more minutes!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: I dont even have a phone.
Carrier: Pony Express

zikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzikronix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
yea see bored...even after adding vzw agps servers via pst and doing the regedits...i still cant get google maps to do my location with out selecting the gps option in the phone.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

bored is who i look for for my gps needs!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

LittleBreezes is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to LittleBreezes

The last time I spoke to VZ on the phone about this the rep told me that it would be for new handsets and would not update existing handsets. Of course, you can ask ten people and get ten answers.
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedmaster View Post
Whatever happened to that? They promised Q1.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

verizon and gps, sorry made me laugh

this is one of the reasons i switched to Sprint....gps works 100 times better in my area.....also the billing issues as well as other stuff..

back on topic...good luck with an update....V$W likes to cripple EVERYTHING they release. Remember the Razr? im sure they will update the gps, but it wont be anything worth texting mom about.... i do know that in some markets, verizon is trying to get the wimax LTE whatever stuff to work, and that could be a part of what they are claiming as a gps update

Help Me Help You
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Landlocked is a n00b

Geesh people, it's being released right after the TP gets Visual Voicemail!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: VZ

ebarron is a n00b

I was thinking about this just this morning. But actually they said it would come out in the first HALF of 2009 not first quarter.

Source:http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/1...o-phones-next/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro