PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G :)
Carrier: Sprint

sryans2004 is keeping up the good worksryans2004 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sryans2004
Talking Could this be a "stupid question"?

Ok I am very new to the PDA's I just recently got the Touch Diamond and held it for about a month or so, Then I recieved my Touch Pro 2 and had it for a month or two. So sorry if I am about to ask a "stupid question"

Well I have discovered many things you can do with this phone.. Holograms, Teeter, TV output, etc. All very amazing things for such a small little device..

Now I was laying on the couch today and did not feel like getting up to reach the remote control for the tv. So I thought to myself, "Hmm I wonder if my phone can turn the channels" Is this possible? I believe it is possible if you have sling media but is there a program where I can enter the code to my tv and turn it? I know it doesn't have a TV remote sensor, but i believe it has the light sensor which who knows if it would work for the tv?

Sorry for the waist of thread on a "stupid question"
Old 03-25-2009, 06:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Could this be a "stupid question"?

not stupid... honest question... honest answer- No.... even if you could the IR beam is so weak youd have be like a foot away... a wii remote however,this could proably be done...

and ive got to ask... you said, had a diamond...then had a touch pro 2 for a month or 2... you mean a touch pro "also" right? otherwise howd you get your hands on a touch pro 2 already since it was just unvailed a few weeks ago? plus your pic is a TP2 also... just curious..
Old 03-25-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G :)
Threadstarter

sryans2004 is keeping up the good worksryans2004 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sryans2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
not stupid... honest question... honest answer- No.... even if you could the IR beam is so weak youd have be like a foot away... a wii remote however,this could proably be done...

and ive got to ask... you said, had a diamond...then had a touch pro 2 for a month or 2... you mean a touch pro "also" right? otherwise howd you get your hands on a touch pro 2 already since it was just unvailed a few weeks ago? plus your pic is a TP2 also... just curious..

Thank's for your honest answer! And actually I meant HAVE a Touch Pro.. NOT TP2... hehe I WISH!! lol
Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've used my pda's as IR remotes for the TV and other home theater items in the past, but the diamond and touch pro don't even have IR.

I've never tried this, but I know if you had a media center pc with tv tuner hooked in to a monitor or lcd or plasma tv with vga in, you could use ur phone as a remote by remotely controlling the pc with either BT or remote desktop.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Touch Pro has IR, diamond does not

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

i had a keyocera palm phone and it's beam was too weak! i wanted to use it to change the tv's at restaurants lol

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: Sprint, T-mobile

mkmkmk13 is just getting started

my solution to this is i have a 722 HD receiver from Dish Network that is hooked up to the internet and i think it also works with all ViP DVRs from Dish
all you have to do is go to http://dish.sling.com/ even if you dont have a slingbox it still works just create a new account.
then log-in from Opera on your phone and thanks to ajax support u can now change channels from ur phone and access your recordings to play on tv
Old 03-25-2009, 07:34 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

there are no stupid questions, sometimes answers are though!
I had a tv remote control on my pocket pc that I used a long time ago, it even auto scanned to find the right frequency...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ppc+tv+remote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
Where is the IR? I have a Sprint Touch Pro and looked in the manual as soon as I took it out of the box back in Nov. I saw no mention of IR anywhere.

I also have never seen anything on the side or bottom of the phone that would lead me to believe it is an IR port.

I had nothing in the comm settings to turn the IR on or off either.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

My Sprint Touch Pro does not do IR - Bluetooth only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro