PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
MightROM 4.15 Bluetooth A2DP Help!

Now that I've upgraded from 4.14 to 4.15 the problem I was experiencing with A2DP still exist. The bluetooth connection itself isn't severed, but the audio stream will cease and the only way I've found to get audio back is toggle bluetooth off and on and either wait for connection to establish or force my stereo to reconnect.

Also, I've occasionally noticed a problem where the screen will slowly redraw itself, it usually happens after streaming A2DP for a while or if there's a bluetooth hiccup as described above.

Otherwise this ROM is really sweet and the HTC Menu adds a long overdue breath of fresh air to windows mobile interface. However if theres no solution to these glitches I might have to return to the stock ROM. With Atlanta traffic the way it is, I spend a lot of time in my car and streaming music & podcast keep my company. Functional A2DP is a must.

Any ideas other than (mine works fine)?
Thanks!
(Sorry for the cross-post, this was posted this in the MightRom thread but things are moving so fast in there I think my cry for help is being overlooked)
Old 03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lobbdude is becoming a great contributor
Re: MightROM 4.15 Bluetooth A2DP Help!

If you have posted more, my apologies. I am coming in somewhat blind here, but I use A2DP all day long with my dogtags bluetooth headset. If you haven't already done so, install the advanced config utility. There are some options in the blue tooth section that may solve the problems that you are having. I think there aren't that many of us using this feature, so the settings often go overlooked. search for advanced config if you need to find the cab for that.

EnergyRom 23529 withMAX MANILA 3.o cooked in. Sweet
Old 03-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

In case anyone else out there is having the same problem as me, I might have found a solution that require the removal of some registry keys.

REMOVE the following values from the registry at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings if they are present:
- BitPool
- MaxSupportedBitPool

These values are used to manually set limits for the BT stack for the A2DP SBC codec. Previously, it was thought that these values should be set between 38 to 86. But if the values are removed, I think that the BT stack automatically chooses the best BitPool values for maximum quality. I've tried removing these values and the sound quality either improved or at least stayed the same.
source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=308752

So far this evening my A2DP connection has been working flawlessly, but I'll keep an eye on it and report back if the problem reoccurs.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

I use A2DP daily with now issues. But it was a bear at first. be careful on the bluetooth settings - they better quality you set may end up causing slowness issues and if you music is stored on the SD card make sure you install the SD card tune up cab to increase read/write speed.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Don't know if it helps, but MightyROM 4.16 is out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro