PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What program extracts manilla files?

I have a guy over at xda whose making me some icons, but im using juggy 7.0 and i dont know how to extract the manilla file for the calender so I can give it to the guy for him to modify. Can someone tell me what I need to be using and how I will know which file this is?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: What program extracts manilla files?

i use tc to copy and paste the file but thats when i know what the file is. its a start.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

the manilla files are just in your windows folder... i honestly dont know how people tell what files are which since their all just numbers
Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Manila editor will tell you SOME of the file uses when it reads them on your PC.. others have posted a list of what each (SOME) of the files are. Also if the guy doing the editing is requesting a file he may be requesting a specific file so that will help in the search.

Basic "extract" is to use active sync (slower method) connect your phone and be sure your windows pc is set to show 'hidden and system' files. Using windows explorer go to phone windows file and search for specific file or all files with _manila on the end. copy over to your pc and you have your set up backed up. Also you can then open them with manila editor (just navigate to the folder ON PC via the program) to see what they are called. CFC Gui editor is a better editor and you can change the veiwing background color to see "white" files (you can't in Manila Editor) but it does not give a friendly name for the file so you have to go by what you see.

The faster/easier method of "extracting" your manila is to do as was suggested. Use Total Commander (free program) or Resco Explorer (both programs used from phone) navigate to your windows directory and do a search/find files for the specific file and/or all _manila ... select all and copy to zip... send zip to PC and you have your manila extracted and sendable via PC.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

This might help you determine what manila files do what... I know it helped me a lot.

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...anila_Research

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro