PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1
Carrier: Sprint

gameday22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Equipment Replacement Program : Official Info

Hello,

I found my new Equipment Replacement Program Deductible Schedule that was sent to me by Sprint, I hope this helps to clear up what the requirements are for the optional insurance. The rates will change starting April 19, 2009. Deductibles are going up to $100 on select phones and a complete list will be posted by Sprint when that happens. If this post was of help to you please keep bumping it so others will be able to find it easily, thank you and best wishes.

For a complete and current list of devices with associated deductible amounts, please visit:

http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...epair_faqs.pdf

This is a PDF File, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view this file. You can get Adobe Reader at:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

The comprehensive list on this website is updated regularly to include new models.

Current Q&A until new price rates start on April 19, 2009:

What is Total Equipment Protection?

Total Equipment Protection is a monthly subscription plan offering comprehensive insurance, service, repair and replacement coverage. It combines the features and benefits of two individual programs:

Equipment Service & Repair Program:

•Coverage against mechanical or electrical problems, routine maintenance or failure from normal use.
•Repair and service are available at Sprint Phone Repair Centers. Check our online Sprint Store Locator for the nearest location.
Equipment Replacement Program
•Insurance for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage.
•File your claim within 60 days of the loss.
•To start your claim, go to https://phoneclaim.com/sprint or call Asurion Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666.
•If your device is lost or stolen, contact Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 to suspend service.

Fees & Coverage Details:
•The fee for Total Equipment Protection is $7 per phone, Smartphone or mobile broadband card per month.
•You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.
•A $50 nonrefundable deductible will apply for approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage claims.
•When equipment replacement claims are approved, you will receive the same or comparable equipment — of like kind and quality — with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement equipment may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone, Smartphone or mobile broadband card.
•You have the right to cancel your coverage at any time without penalty. If you choose to cancel, the change will be effective immediately.

How do I enroll in Total Equipment Protection?

You may enroll in Total Equipment Protection:
•In person at a Phone Repair Center
•Over the phone with Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666
TEP enrollment options include:
•TEP can be added within 30 days of activation or upgrade.
•A Phone Repair Center can enroll you in TEP at the time of a paid in-store repair.
•You can add TEP at the same time to 10 or more lines on the same account whenever you like.
NOTE:
•You can upgrade from the Equipment Replacement Program to TEP during the above enrollment options.
•You can only upgrade from the Equipment Service and Repair Program (ESRP) within 30 days of any device activation or upgrade and when adding TEP to 10 or more lines on the same account at one time. You can’t upgrade from ESRP to TEP at the time of a paid in-store repair.

How can I check to see if I have Total Equipment Protection, Equipment Service & Repair Program or Equipment Replacement Program on my phone?

You can check to see if you have Total Equipment Protection (TEP), Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP) or Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) on your phone either online through My Sprint or on your printed monthly bill.
Online Through My Sprint - Plan Add-ons List
To see if you have TEP, ESRP or ERP on your account, perform the following steps:
•On the Phone & Plan page, click Change Plan Add-ons to view a list of the add-ons for your phone.
•If you’ve added TEP, ESRP or ERP to your phone, the name of the program(s) will appear at the top of the Add-ons list above “Check the options you want to add to your plan.”
Detailed Charges on Your eBill

To see if you have TEP, ESRP or ERP on your account, perform the following steps:

•On the Billing & Payment page, click View your current Sprint bill under View your bill online.
•If you’ve added TEP, ESRP or ERP to your Sprint wireless phone number, the name of the program will appear in the detailed list of charges on the Monthly Statement page.
On Your Printed Monthly Bill

•Locate the Charges page in your monthly bill.
If you’ve added TEP, ESRP or ERP to your Sprint wireless phone number, the name of the program will appear in the detailed list of charges on the Charges page.

Are equipment protection options available for my device if I don’t enroll within 30 days of activation or upgrade?
You can enroll in an equipment protection program at a Phone Repair Center at the time of a paid in-store repair. You can also add a protection plan at the same time to 10 or more lines on the same account whenever you like.
If you do not enroll during these periods, no additional coverage options are available, although reliable service and repair is available on a per incident basis at Sprint Phone Repair Centers. Check our online Sprint Store Locator for the nearest Phone Repair Center.

How much does Total Equipment Protection cost?
The monthly fee for Total Equipment Protection is $7 per phone per month. There is also a $50 non-refundable deductible for approved replacements under the Equipment Replacement Program.

Is there a deductible for Total Equipment Protection?
Yes, a $50 non-refundable deductible will apply for approved replacement requests under the Equipment Replacement Program portion of TEP. Repairs or replacements under the Equipment Service & Repair Program portion of TEP are at no charge.

What equipment is covered by Total Equipment Protection?
Total Equipment Protection covers the following:
•Eligible Sprint or Nextel phones or Smartphones that are active on Sprint or Nextel Network at the time of theft, loss or damage. Standard battery and standard battery charger are covered only if they are part of a loss to the covered equipment.
•Mobile Broadband Cards that are active on the Sprint Network at the time of theft, loss or damage.

How do I know if my device is eligible for Total Equipment Protection?
Your device is eligible to enroll on Total Equipment Protection under the following scenarios:
•TEP can be added within 30 days of activation or upgrade.
•A Phone Repair Center can enroll you in TEP at the time of a paid in-store repair.
•You can add TEP at the same time to 10 or more lines on the same account whenever you like.
Note:
•You can upgrade from the Equipment Replacement Program to TEP during the above enrollment options.
•You can only upgrade from the Equipment Service and Repair Program (ESRP) within 30 days of any device activation or upgrade and when adding TEP to 10 or more lines on the same account at one time. You can’t upgrade from ESRP to TEP at the time of a paid in-store repair.

Can I add the Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) or Equipment Service & Repair Program (ESRP) to my account separately?
You can add the Equipment Replacement Program or the Equipment Service & Repair Program to your account as stand alone protection programs. To add either program to your account, visit a Sprint store and or call Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666.

ERP and ESRP enrollment options include:

•ERP and ESRP can be added within 30 days of activation or upgrade.
•A Phone Repair Center can enroll you in ERP or ESRP at the time of a paid in-store repair.
•You can add ERP and ESRP at the same time to 10 or more lines on the same account whenever you like.
Note:
•You can upgrade from ERP to TEP during the above enrollment options.
•You can only upgrade from the ESRP within 30 days of any device activation/upgrade and when adding TEP to 10 or more lines on the same account at one time.
•You can’t upgrade from ESRP to TEP at the time of a paid in-store repair.

How much does the Equipment Replacement Program cost?
The monthly fee for the Equipment Replacement Program is $4 per line per month. There is also a $50 non-refundable deductible for approved replacements.
Additional Coverage Details
•You can submit up to three claims within a consecutive 12-month period.
•When equipment replacement claims are approved, you will receive the same or comparable equipment — of like kind and quality — with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement equipment may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone, Smartphone or mobile broadband card.
•You have the right to cancel your coverage at any time without penalty. If you choose to cancel, the change will be effective immediately.

How do I file an Equipment Replacement Program insurance claim?
If you're a subscriber, here is how to file an Equipment Replacement Program insurance claim:

Equipment Replacement Program
•Go to https://phoneclaim.com/sprint and start your claim. You can also use this website to check your claim status.
•Call Asurion Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666. You can also call them to check claim or shipping status.
•File your claim within 60 days of the loss.
•If your Sprint device is lost or stolen, contact Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 to suspend service.
•Pay a $50 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.

Last edited by gameday22; 03-24-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Fix Info
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: The PhoneStop Store

fresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good workfresnogamer is keeping up the good work
Re: Equipment Replacement Program : Official Info

Good to know... THANKZ!!!

Sprint 6700(Kitchen ROM)>Sprint 6900(WDM 1.6 Clean)>Cricket 6950
Old 03-24-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Very good info "gameday"....should be a "Sticky"

I see a "Thanks" for you.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 03-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

great job! now i have something to link people to!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thank you, I appreciate it ...I see this question asked a lot and thought it would be nice to post their official information on the insurance program in one spot. If you find this information useful please post to help keep it where others can easily find it, hopefully it will get a sticky.

Have a great day

Last edited by gameday22; 03-25-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: fix typo
Old 03-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Forum Moderators please sticky this post, it is really good information. I see people talking about the insurance & broken phones quite often but nobody has taken the time to actually post on where to obtain service and the costs for it. Please consider making this a sticky ..reword anything you want to but it is verbatim from the Sprint Website and is current until April 19th 2009.

Thanks ...would just hate to see this information get buried 50 pages back when it is a good tool for all of us.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro