PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 11:47 PM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Initial Charge

I just got my phone today (store just got 2 this morning, 1 was calling me)... I set it on charging about 1:30... It's about 7:45 now, and the "breathing" light is still "breathing."

Is the initial charge supposed to take that long? Never had a problem with the Mogul or Touch in that regard... This is ridiculous, though.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Initial Charge

Charging via AC adapter, or USB to the computer? The latter takes approximately two weeks on this phone.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:05 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

dont scare the man!

Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

using the A/C adapter ideally you want the first charge to be a full cycle, 12-24 hrs. with the usb, 2 weeks or so lol.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:19 AM
gmplr831

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcw View Post
I just got my phone today (store just got 2 this morning, 1 was calling me)... I set it on charging about 1:30... It's about 7:45 now, and the "breathing" light is still "breathing."

Is the initial charge supposed to take that long? Never had a problem with the Mogul or Touch in that regard... This is ridiculous, though.
Didn't have a problem myself, but I will say just now, about 1.5 weeks in, the battery is ACTUALLY starting to last finally. I can;t wait til I get the new batteries from Ebay that had two OEM batteries and a charger. Then I'll be set!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:35 AM
mcw
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

mcw is keeping up the good workmcw is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Charging via AC adapter, or USB to the computer? The latter takes approximately two weeks on this phone.
That's funny.. No, I'm using the travel charger... Which seems decent (1A out) enough... Wow, 12-24 hours for the first charge? That sucks... I really don't remember the Mogul or Touch taking that long...

I'm not going to turn the phone on until the charge is done, so I shouldn't be draining it at all...
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Lurker

norymj is a n00b

I just got my phone yesterday. I put the battery in and it has been "charging" for 15 hours and it is still not done. Do I need to turn it on for it to charge?!?!
Old 03-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Lurker

norymj is a n00b

bump!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I let mine charge for a couple hours, then started it, then turned it off and when I plugged it back in, it only flashed for about 5 minutes then stayed solid.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:49 AM
Lurker

norymj is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
I let mine charge for a couple hours, then started it, then turned it off and when I plugged it back in, it only flashed for about 5 minutes then stayed solid.
maybe my phone has a problem..

i opened box put battery in and charged phone (did not turn on) the lights on the d pad was flashing up. (bottom light, 2 side lights then top light, repeat) charged from 6pm - 1pm the next day. still no solid lights

so i turned on the phone still plugged in, and it did the initial windows mobile stuff and then it said charging when i clicked the battery logo...phone went back to sleep and the lights have still been doing the flashing...

correct me of i'm wrong, when the lights are all solid it means it's charged? did I mess up the battery or phone problem?

TIA!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro