PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

i take it the *228 option 3 is still not working to place a non vzw phone on the system right?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

maelstrom is a n00b

You are correct. Now the ESN or MEID of the phone needs to be added to the Verizon database before it can be activated. I got mine added for a Sprint Touch Pro, but it was 2 1/2 weeks of headaches. They made mistakes repeatedly and never called back. I dont know if they added my MEID because that is their policy or if it was because so many other people messed up handling my account, that they just wanted to close the matter. Anyways, there was a tech support group in South Carolina that was able to get the MEID entered in one day. They were great, and were the only ones that I spoke with that knew what they were doing.

Good luck if you give it a shot.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bomix is a n00b

I might be venturing down this route, We'll see how it goes.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

niick is a n00b

I have a sprint tp on verizon that i did before they fixed this hole. It was a friggin nightmare to get the data and everything working which kind of turned me away from updating to a new flash. Then when they fixed the hole everyone was using it scared me even more.

I am getting a little ansy seeing all the new roms and junk and was wondering if anyone with a sprint tp already on vzw has been flashing roms? I'm just worried that if i flash a new rom, I'll be SOL and have to sell my sprint tp and pick up verizon phone to stay on verizon. Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

I've got a Sprint TP on VZW and have flashed several roms. Been using Mighty ROM 6 for awhile now tho. Also, I went through VZW and got my TP formally added to their system. I did not use the activation hole due to it being already closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niick View Post
I have a sprint tp on verizon that i did before they fixed this hole. It was a friggin nightmare to get the data and everything working which kind of turned me away from updating to a new flash. Then when they fixed the hole everyone was using it scared me even more.

I am getting a little ansy seeing all the new roms and junk and was wondering if anyone with a sprint tp already on vzw has been flashing roms? I'm just worried that if i flash a new rom, I'll be SOL and have to sell my sprint tp and pick up verizon phone to stay on verizon. Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i want to get a tp2 on vzw from sprint, what is the best way now as the *228 option is not available. This is also my moms account, but she does not want data which is why i want to use a sprint phone on vzw. I used to have a sprint diamond on vzw but it broke into alot of pieces.....
Old 11-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

asciiman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
i want to get a tp2 on vzw from sprint, what is the best way now as the *228 option is not available. This is also my moms account, but she does not want data which is why i want to use a sprint phone on vzw. I used to have a sprint diamond on vzw but it broke into alot of pieces.....
Read the thread. In short, you've got to sweet-talk some customer service reps. It is very difficult and most people have not been successful even after trying many times.

I don't see why having a sprint phone would make any difference if you don't have data. For what I understand, they work the same as the verizon phone in that regard.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciiman View Post
Read the thread. In short, you've got to sweet-talk some customer service reps. It is very difficult and most people have not been successful even after trying many times.

I don't see why having a sprint phone would make any difference if you don't have data. For what I understand, they work the same as the verizon phone in that regard.
the reason for using a non vzw phone is simple with vzw if you have a touch phone or a smart phone you now as of November must have a data plan and for touch and smart phone plans that data package is like $30 a month, my mom refused to have data,, so it was great that my sprint diamond had wifi... and also with vzw the same htc diamond is a lesser model with lower amounts of ram, no internal storage, slower cpu so vzw gimps their phones which i hate.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

missycj03 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to missycj03 Send a message via AIM to missycj03 Send a message via Yahoo to missycj03

I am going to have to switch over to Verizon in the fall when I move to Ithaca, NY. Unfortunately, I have pretty much ZERO service in Ithaca with Sprint, whereas Verizon has pretty darn good coverage. I am so very not excited about this as I have been with Sprint since 2000. I love my HTC Touch Pro and I do not want to have to buy a new phone. Hopefully, something will come up that will allow to keep using my Sprint phone and move it over onto the Verizon network.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro