PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Nothing so far. Bummer...I just got my Sprint TP and now this. I'm waiting on a call from my account rep. I handle IT for a medium sized medical company. We have 39 phones on VZW. It would be a shame for them to lose our account over this. I'm sure our sales rep will agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
the topic is about finding any new methods of allowing foreign phones on carriers not carrier specific discussion
that said has anyone gone through the meid add?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post
I'm sure our sales rep will agree...
He may agree, but that's no guaranty he'll be able to rectify the problem......

Heck, most VZ reps think it is impossible to use a Sprint phone on VZ service (a VZ rep recently told me that it would "never work" because Sprint phones run on a totally different frequency)

~John
Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

and that's the argument that every single verizon rep gives. They have the exact same frequency and its sad that verizon swears up and down it won't work, but then it does work they can't add the meid to the network (even if it does work). Its ridiculous
Old 03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm pulling out all the stops for this one. Who knows if I will be successful. I'm trying to locate a 3rd party VZW dealer now to see if I can use that option. I'm also going to continue working with my business account rep to see if I can get it pushed through that way. If anything works out for me, I'll be sure to post about it. Everyone wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
and that's the argument that every single Verizon rep gives. They have the exact same frequency and its sad that Verizon swears up and down it won't work, but then it does work they can't add the meid to the network (even if it does work). Its ridiculous
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Glitch4583 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
He may agree, but that's no guaranty he'll be able to rectify the problem......

Heck, most VZ reps think it is impossible to use a Sprint phone on VZ service (a VZ rep recently told me that it would "never work" because Sprint phones run on a totally different frequency)

~John
You must've had the same tier-2 lady I did!

- Glitch
Old 03-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They're all told to say that Sprint isn't compatible, once you do *228 on your Sprint phone, they magically know its compatible.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon vx6800
Carrier: verizon

loungebear is a n00b

I had my Sprint TP running on Verizon for more than a month. Flashing a new Rom somehow reset my EPST settings to the default sprint settings. After much failure to get my data connection working, I activated my old XV6800. Now I cannot reactivate my Sprint Touch PRO.

I spoke with customer support and tech support. The last person that I talked to said to email handsetlocksettlement@verizonwireless.com and request to have my ESN added. I'm still waiting, but that was just sent last night. He also indicated that I might try taking my Sprint phone to a verizon store and see if a tech can get it to work.

If I get any action on this, I will post back the resolution.

Just for the record, I think I might drop 1 or 2 calls a year with Verizon. They Kick Butt in Salt Lake City.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungebear View Post
I had my Sprint TP running on Verizon for more than a month. Flashing a new Rom somehow reset my EPST settings to the default sprint settings. After much failure to get my data connection working, I activated my old XV6800. Now I cannot reactivate my Sprint Touch PRO.

I spoke with customer support and tech support. The last person that I talked to said to email handsetlocksettlement@verizonwireless.com and request to have my ESN added. I'm still waiting, but that was just sent last night. He also indicated that I might try taking my Sprint phone to a verizon store and see if a tech can get it to work.

Just for the record, I think I might drop 1 or 2 calls a year with Verizon. They Kick Butt in Salt Lake City.
I doubt that will do any good as the Sprint TP is not on the approved list of devices (I'm assuming whoever reads that email will just check the list).

Good luck though.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungebear View Post

they told you the same thing they told me. Try a store. Let me assure you - that don't work. It is a waste of time to try. It can also take 2 weeks to get the device added. I say you take the issue directly to verizon...

Right now the 13th mogul has a keyboard issue (no surprise) so vzw is sending me a refurbed touch pro. I laughed...its so sad
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint phones do actually operate on a different frequency, they just happen to run on the same one VZW uses as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro