PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimpinSlimDB View Post
I used to have data, but I accidently erased the HA/AAA keys from the phone. Can anybody post or PM their keys so I can use data?
if your sprint pro is on verizon network. then all you have to do is call verizon and hope you get someone cool. then tell them that you have a sprint touch pro and have them reset your DUM keys. this happed to me when i did a clear storage and my HA/AAA keys where gone. i was lucky to get a guy that would do it.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: herman
Carrier: vzw

ib40 is a n00b

I had a Sprint Touch Pro last December which I got working on VZW through Noir's instructions. Then when VZW decided to close their "hole" I lost data capabilities. Ultimately I needed to replace the phone with a new Sprint Touch Pro due to a malfunctioning keypad which I did and found a friendly VZW tech who took 3 weeks to get the ESN on the vzw database. I can now use the phone for voice but have no data. I have had several VZW techs advise they have reset the DMU keys, but this hasn't allowed data access. I have loaded the public key via QPST. My issue is I cannot keep either a user name or password in the data modem connection list. Eevery time I place them in, and close, they are gone. Does anyone know if this is a DMU key issue or possibly a registry issue and if so what registry item it may be. I have used all sorts of roms (mighty, energy, etc) with success for voice and text, but all have been no help on this matter. I have now wiped and reinstalled the latest VZW released rom 1.08.605.4 and radio 1.03.09V and this has not helped.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

nyclio is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib40 View Post
I had a Sprint Touch Pro last December which I got working on VZW through Noir's instructions. Then when VZW decided to close their "hole" I lost data capabilities. Ultimately I needed to replace the phone with a new Sprint Touch Pro due to a malfunctioning keypad which I did and found a friendly VZW tech who took 3 weeks to get the ESN on the vzw database. I can now use the phone for voice but have no data. I have had several VZW techs advise they have reset the DMU keys, but this hasn't allowed data access. I have loaded the public key via QPST. My issue is I cannot keep either a user name or password in the data modem connection list. Eevery time I place them in, and close, they are gone. Does anyone know if this is a DMU key issue or possibly a registry issue and if so what registry item it may be. I have used all sorts of roms (mighty, energy, etc) with success for voice and text, but all have been no help on this matter. I have now wiped and reinstalled the latest VZW released rom 1.08.605.4 and radio 1.03.09V and this has not helped.
I had the same problem. Check your HA/AA keys. If the fields are blank in EPST, you won't get data no matter what else you do.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Look for the thread for NFSFan's ROM on XDA Developers and try installing his carrier cab
Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
The username/password/domain fields should be empty in your #777 connection settings. Then do this:

1.) Open EPST by dialing ##778#
2.) Open the Security screen and clear ALL fields
3.) Open the Modem Settings screen and change HDR Preferred Mode to Disable
4.) Open the M.IP default profile screen & verify that your NAI is your#@vzw3g.com.
5.) Clear the HA Shared Secret setting
6.) Clear the AAA Shared Secret setting
7.) Click OK & let the device reboot.
8.) Try connecting to the internet. You should be able to connect but will only have 1X.
9.) If it connects, go back into EPST and enable HDR Preferred Mode & soft reset. This should get your EVDO working.

If it still doesn't work, acquire another Verizon device (for example buy an Ozone at full price & then return it), activate & program it, then reactivate the Pro. Follow the steps above.

I basically had to do all of this to get my replacement Sprint Touch Pro working on Verizon again.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Hey little bit of a problem here. I have the caulkin arcsoft verizon cab for mms installed l on my verizonized Sprint touch pro. However, I can only send pictures. I cannot seem to receive them. I tried sending them from a friend's phone and it confirms it is sent and received but I get nothing. I'm not getting any error messages either. I have noticed that it will light up like it is about to notify me of an incoming message but then nothing, it just goes back to sleep. Any ideas?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800

batigol61 is a n00b

OMG I just spent the past 2 days reading this WHOLE post absorbing everything I can! And here is my enigma....

I have a Sprint touch pro working on verizon. I got it working with the old method around march of this year and it worked perfectly until july when the touch screen died completely. Now I bought another touch pro and I didnt they closed the loop hole!

So what is the best choice....?

Try to fix the old Touch Pro? or go ahead and try to get the new touch pro on the network??

Thanks!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by batigol61 View Post
OMG I just spent the past 2 days reading this WHOLE post absorbing everything I can! And here is my enigma....

I have a Sprint touch pro working on verizon. I got it working with the old method around march of this year and it worked perfectly until july when the touch screen died completely. Now I bought another touch pro and I didnt they closed the loop hole!

So what is the best choice....?

Try to fix the old Touch Pro? or go ahead and try to get the new touch pro on the network??

Thanks!!!
Congrats on reading this whole post...thats commendable. Ideally, you would want to get the new TP loaded into the database. This has become increasingly harder to do (and not because they closed the *228 "hole") over the last few weeks/months. If you can find a VZW tech that can do it, more power to you. Otherwise, I would prefer to clone the ESN of the one that is loaded/working as long as you are keeping both devices (if not, then that is not an option). Last resort would be to try and fix the broken one. If you have read my posts on this thread, then you may be a little shocked that I would suggest cloning the ESN of the working phone. Those on here who know me will definately be so. The heyday of getting non-VZW PDAs on VZW is over. It can still be done but it is not as easy, if you could have ever called it easy, as it was before. Just incase I need to point this out, you cannot ask how to clone an ESN here.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question" is just as ridiculous as saying "There is no such thing as a stupid answer". This proves there are also "stupid statements". There are probably alot of "stupid ideas" too. And what do all these things have in common? Stupid people.

Remember to say ...Preferrably by clicking the button instead of wasting valuable forum space
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Does Clear Storage on a custom Rom wipe out the server settings? I have been told that all of my issues with the Rom I am running is because I should have cleared storage and returned it back to the factory Rom and then load the custom Rom then clear storage again. I believe I read where clear storage wipes out all of the settings to get it on VZW.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Clear storage does not wipe the settings out, but loading the OEM ROM with the radio will. Doing a clear storage should be enough.

I agree with AceXMachine on his advice. It's exactly what I had to do when I replaced my broken TP. Getting data working on the replacement was a bit of a nightmare though. The keys are incredibly difficult to copy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro