PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
if u flash a radio rom u will have issues if u flash just a regular rom with no radio you will be fine
Not true. You can flash a radio too. I flashed the new VZW radio a few weeks back. Use the installer that doesnt require a hard reset.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigepfarva View Post
ok i see in the title it says "no longer working" but people are still talking about doing it successfully.

I have a Sprint HTC touch pro. Unlocked it, installed MightyRom, had to update radio's too.

I call up verizon's activation dept and they tell me they cannot activate it do to the MEID not being in their system. I told them it was a sprint phone running verizon that i bought online.

They said it still didn't matter because of the MEID that cannot be changed.

Then I went and got mad at them and asked them what this "Any app, any device" stuff was all about. Then read them where someone from verizon flat out said that sprint phones will work. Their answer was

"Well this one doesn't"

Me: "So what does ANY mean then"

Them: "Sorry sir I cannot do anything, it doesnt let me add MEID's to our database. There is nothing I can do"

Me: "Ok well thats ridiculous, have a nice day."

*Click*

Dont lose hope. You just dont know how to word it to them. I was in the same boat as you for 4 mos until I came across Mylt1's post.

I'm not linking directly to his post, but his is post #8 and I suggest reading the rest of the thread from there.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75164
Old 07-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

BigPimpinSlimDB is just getting started

I used to have data, but I accidently erased the HA/AAA keys from the phone. Can anybody post or PM their keys so I can use data?
Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimpinSlimDB View Post
I used to have data, but I accidently erased the HA/AAA keys from the phone. Can anybody post or PM their keys so I can use data?
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anybody elses keys would work in your phone.

If you force it into 1X (you can do that in the EPST modem settings) you may be able to get it to re-write the keys.

I'm curious how you could accidentally erase those keys anyway?

~John
Old 07-27-2009, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyclio is just getting started

What does this error mean:

I am able to successfully dial *228, press 1 (on my Sprint TP flashed with VZW software), and it says programming successful;

however, when i try to make a phone call, VZW operator pops up and says

"we are unable to authenticate your phone"

esn is in vzw database (or else it wouldn't program with *228 right?)

what am i missing?

EDIT: Here's the kicker: I can get SMS on the vzw SPrint TP
EDIT 2: I can RECEIVE [some] texts, but can't send them.

Last edited by nyclio; 07-27-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclio View Post
"

esn is in vzw database (or else it wouldn't program with *228 right?)

How did you add it to the VZ database??

If you go to your account at verizonwireless.com, under your cell # does it show a pic of an XV6850 VZ phone?? (It will if your MEID is on file)

~John
Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyclio is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
How did you add it to the VZ database??

If you go to your account at verizonwireless.com, under your cell # does it show a pic of an XV6850 VZ phone?? (It will if your MEID is on file)

~John
It shows the proper phone on verizonwireless.com

I just called tech support over and over.

EDIT: I called tech support - they had to refresh the device on the network. I can now make/receive calls. I just have to get data working. Awesome.

Last edited by nyclio; 07-27-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclio View Post
I just have to get data working. Awesome.
the easiest way I know of to get data working is to activate a DIFFERENT PPC phone on your account (using the online ESN swap function), use it for 10 minutes & then swap back to your current phone again.

This does basically the same thing as VZ doing a DMU reset.

~John
Old 07-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

BigPimpinSlimDB is just getting started

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anybody elses keys would work in your phone.

If you force it into 1X (you can do that in the EPST modem settings) you may be able to get it to re-write the keys.

I'm curious how you could accidentally erase those keys anyway?

~John

Problem solved. Just did a hard reset
Old 07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
When copying the keys, save the document as an .rtf (Rich-text format). No other format worked for me when copying the keys. .doc and .txt do not copy the symbols and spaces over correctly.
What program on the PPC did you use to do this? Notes saves it in .pwi format and Word Mobile doesn't have an option to save as .rtf

Quote:
I copied & pasted the keys from a .pwi file with no problem from an xv6800 to one of my TP's

~John
When I tried copying them in to a note, several of the special characters would be lost. Particularly the ones that look like squares.

I just had to replace a Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro with another Verizonized Sprint Touch Pro. Once I was done with the voice part, the ONLY way I was able to get data working was to:

1.) Power off the new phone
2.) Power on the old phone & hook up to PC with SOTI Pocket Controller (Google this if you don't know what it is) installed.
3.) Open EPST on the old phone & copy key #1 using SOTI Pocket Controller (you can select and copy things to the clipboard with SOTI).
4.) Exit EPST.
5.) Power off the old phone.
6.) Power on the new phone.
7.) Plug new phone into computer with SOTI Pocket Controller installed.
8.) Open EPST on the new phone & paste key #1 using SOTI Pocket Controller.
9.) Exit EPST.
10.) new phone reboots.

Repeat steps 1-10 for remaining keys. It took forever!! but any other way I tried to copy the keys would screw the keys up because they wouldn't copy properly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro