PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue, HTC 5800, Touch it like a Pro!
Carrier: Verizon

shadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowfender42 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Alright, I havent really read much of this post except for the beginning and title lol theres too much going on in here. Im just wondering, have we not found another way around it yet? I really would like the sprint TP for verizon, that way I can buy off the bargain trader on PPCgeeks instead of dumb ebay lol. I trust this site a lot more than ebay and Spring TPs are cheaper and better. So if anyone can get back to me just send a PM or something please, thankyou!

***ZEBRAPPC***

zebra cases are for L337 pimps.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJuice View Post
VICTORY!!! I got my ESN/MEID number added to the database!! And I got some contact info for the guy that got it done. So I'll make a deal with you guys if I get some help I'll tell you exactly what I did. Deal? cool So I've been checking this forum for a while and always seem to find 2 or 3 different tutorials as to how to set up the phone.(I'm not talking about roms and such cuz that's personal preference) I'm more talking about the settings like MIP, which PRL, and all that jazz. So if some one could post or PM me the best tutorial/settings that'd be great. Also, some good roms would be helpful to, preferably something performance based to increase speed, operational and good on battery life. Thanks everyone.
Soo,... what'd you do to get your ESN/MEID added and whats the contact?

I've been talking with VZW off and on for some 2 months to get mine added. I've been playing it cool with them and not threatening them or asking them pointed questions about what some executive said about an open network. Unfortunately, It hasn't gotten me very far.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfender42 View Post
Alright, I havent really read much of this post except for the beginning and title lol theres too much going on in here. Im just wondering, have we not found another way around it yet? I really would like the sprint TP for verizon, that way I can buy off the bargain trader on PPCgeeks instead of dumb ebay lol. I trust this site a lot more than ebay and Spring TPs are cheaper and better. So if anyone can get back to me just send a PM or something please, thankyou!
I'm wondering as well.. I currently have a Verizon Touch Pro but would gladly drop a couple hundred on a Sprint device just because of the extra memory! However, I live in the boonies and VZW is about all that works out here, lol..

Thanks,

-Corey
Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

I swear I am not a noob and have tried EVERYTHING!! Many thanks to all the pros out there that PM'd me with help, but I still have no data. I even skipped my VZW TP and went back to my 6900 for a while (still a great device). If i cannot get this data working soon there will be a Sprint TP with its ESN/MEID already added to VZW's DMD up for sale. Even on my online account, it lists my device as a TP.

The last thing I can think of is perhaps the previous owner might have changed something. When I bought it from him, it was already unlocked and had a mighty ROM on it. Perhaps this changed something? I am still getting the "Error Code:11, PPP Connection Error". Which i believe Ax said was a Sprint error?

Any help??? Those know I give mad thanks here.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

Did you call VZW and ask for a dmu reset?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidi3ladz View Post
Did you call VZW and ask for a dmu reset?
Quite a few times.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbrandonw View Post
I swear I am not a noob and have tried EVERYTHING!! Many thanks to all the pros out there that PM'd me with help, but I still have no data. I even skipped my VZW TP and went back to my 6900 for a while (still a great device). If i cannot get this data working soon there will be a Sprint TP with its ESN/MEID already added to VZW's DMD up for sale. Even on my online account, it lists my device as a TP.

The last thing I can think of is perhaps the previous owner might have changed something. When I bought it from him, it was already unlocked and had a mighty ROM on it. Perhaps this changed something? I am still getting the "Error Code:11, PPP Connection Error". Which i believe Ax said was a Sprint error?

Which radio did you flash to the device? Maybe you need to reflash it & then follow the procedure to reprogram everything with Bitpim. You might also try flashing a newer Mighty ROM.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started

Quote:

Did you compare your settings on you TP with your 6900? I'd pull yhem both up in QPST and look for settings that are inconsistent, especially in the MIP area.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainSafe View Post
Did you compare your settings on you TP with your 6900? I'd pull yhem both up in QPST and look for settings that are inconsistent, especially in the MIP area.
Yeah, both match up perfectly. I even went as far as copying and pasting the HA, and AAA shared secrect code form my VZW TP and place them into the Sprint TP via EPST, still nothing.

I am currently running the updated VZW stock ROM that was just released 2 weeks ago. its v2.0.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yeah, both match up perfectly. I even went as far as copying and pasting the HA, and AAA shared secrect code form my VZW TP and place them into the Sprint TP via EPST, still nothing.

I am currently running the updated VZW stock ROM that was just released 2 weeks ago. its v2.0.
Try copying the keys from your Verizon 6900 to your Sprint TP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro