PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJuice View Post
I think I have to do the mall basement 1x trick but I'm not sure? !
instead of doing that, open EPST & go to edit in yout modem settings. Set your preferred connection method to CDMA only & reset the phone.

~John
Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Aight those 2 things didn't help with the data fix but I think i'm getting closer. I think the problem is somthing with the HA and AAA keys ; I can't seem to get them. I think if i go to a bad signal place (1x) and then connect to the internet they should be written and I should be good right?

Secondly, how would I go about transfering my contacts, ringtones, and media from my extra old enV to my TP. I tried using Bitpim just for kicks but i kinda knew it wouldn't recognize the TP. I've heard spb backup....
Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I think the problem is somthing with the HA and AAA keys ; I can't seem to get them. I think if i go to a bad signal place (1x) and then connect to the internet they should be written and I should be good right?

You will never have a data connection until it writes those keys. Connecting online in 1X usually forces them to be written.

You don't need to go to a "bad signal place" Putting your modem settings in CDMA only forces 1X & does the same thing.

~John
Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Ok cool thanks that's good to know but I still get the "Dialed #777" and the "Error code 67" about the registration failure and pcs failure but I set those up right....i think..
Old 06-19-2009, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

I have to send my phone into HTC for repairs, as the keyboard is no longer responding even after hard resets.

Do I need to do all of the following? Any suggestions on any other actions I need to take?

1. Flash back to Sprint ROM
2. Restore phone settings back to Sprint carrier
3. Relock
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)
Old 06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife View Post
I have to send my phone into HTC for repairs, as the keyboard is no longer responding even after hard resets.

Do I need to do all of the following? Any suggestions on any other actions I need to take?

1. Flash back to Sprint ROM
2. Restore phone settings back to Sprint carrier
3. Relock
Step 1 will accomplish step 2. However, once you do this, I think you will lose the necessary DMU keys. And reprogramming doesn't appear to be an option at this point.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started

If you are sending it to HTC (rather than a carrier), I don't know if it matters if you have the right carrier's ROM on it. That is a very interesting question.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Ok cool thanks that's good to know but I still get the "Dialed #777" and the "Error code 67" about the registration failure and pcs failure but I set those up right....i think..
Call tech support and request a DMU reset. Do NOT tell them you are getting error 67 or anything about PCS (these are Sprint specific and will tip your hand). Just tell them you are getting a username and password error and a tech at the store told you that you needed a DMU reset. This is only to be done AFTER you have set the DUN connection and MIP settings thru EPST to your MDN@vzw3g.com. Retest after that, request a second DMU reset if necessary. In troubleshooting mine when I first got mine up and running I had to have my DMU keys reset like 20 times, but never more than 2-3 times at once to get it working (only reason it stopped working was because I was playing around with different MIP/GPS/ERI configurations so I had to have the DMU reset to get it working again). Some people have also reported that temporarily activating/switching to another PDA and back again has worked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Oh, and incase anyone missed me, I am back for good again.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Hey,

When I was troubleshooting my data, I was told to enter "BroadbandAccess" for the Network Connection, instead of "Data Network Connect".
It solved the problem where my username & password would not stay.

Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro