PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

reflash stock and dial
##786#
put in unlock code and then its ready
Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

oz923 is a n00b

thanks for the replies tripflex and noir. when you say enter the unlock code? is that a code that i should know? or is it some default code like 0000?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started

The unlock code is also called your MSL code. It is unique on every Sprint phone to keep guys like us from tinkering with settings that the carrier doesn't want us playing with. It is a 6 digit code. If you followed the directions here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=120 then your MSL will be 000000.

Otherwise you need the little program that Baffles created to give you your MSL. You can get it here: http://www.baf.cc/bafmsl. Just copy the .exe file to your phone and run it. [note that you'll need the MS .net framework version 3.5 installed].

Write this code down somewhere special and save it. You'll need it for many changes later in your phone's life.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTCTP
Carrier: Sprint

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz923 View Post
...how would i go about with programming the phone back to stock so that i can sell it? ...
You can get the stock rom for Sprint here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

You will probably want to use the updated version at the bottom of the post:
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip
Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Hey whats happenin', first and foremost i'd like to say thanks to everyone for posting some amazing stuff i've learned a stupid amount of stuff just from reading. so kudos

Next regardless of this new "plugged up" hole that VZW fixed i've decided to embark on this process or getting my Sprint TP on the VZW network. I have a friend of a friend that works tech support for VZW that might be able to get my esn/meid number added, key word might. That's the hardest part easily but I'm tryin to find a good tutorial on the easy parts such as the steps to change the keys, codes and all that jazz, pretty much everything but getting the number added to the database. I've looked around a lot but kinda lost track of a good one to use, or if someone wants to PM or post steps that'd be real cool too. Thanks in advance!!

By the way WHEN this all works i'll have a Sprint TP with an Alltel black plate cover on the Verizon network....awesome haha
Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJuice View Post
Hey whats happenin', first and foremost i'd like to say thanks to everyone for posting some amazing stuff i've learned a stupid amount of stuff just from reading. so kudos

Next regardless of this new "plugged up" hole that VZW fixed i've decided to embark on this process or getting my Sprint TP on the VZW network. I have a friend of a friend that works tech support for VZW that might be able to get my esn/meid number added, key word might. That's the hardest part easily but I'm tryin to find a good tutorial on the easy parts such as the steps to change the keys, codes and all that jazz, pretty much everything but getting the number added to the database. I've looked around a lot but kinda lost track of a good one to use, or if someone wants to PM or post steps that'd be real cool too. Thanks in advance!!

By the way WHEN this all works i'll have a Sprint TP with an Alltel black plate cover on the Verizon network....awesome haha
Get the MEID added before you make any other changes. It will save you a lot of hassle if you can't get it added. As for the tutorial, it's in this thread. Everything is the same except you must get the device added to the DMD before you can use *228 option 3
Old 06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Ok I understand...does anyone know of any tricks to get the number added? Of course being polite and persistent and occasionally bending the truth about questions they ask but other than that?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Get the MEID added before you make any other changes. It will save you a lot of hassle if you can't get it added. As for the tutorial, it's in this thread. Everything is the same except you must get the device added to the DMD before you can use *228 option 3
Agreed. I'm discovering that it isn't an easy process. Somebody in this thread indicated that it may take up to 50 phone calls before you get a tech who can perform this minor miracle. So far, my calls have been between 13 and 44 minutes each. Do the math and you discover that you'll spend about 25 hours on the phone just trying to get the MEID added to the silly database.

When you find a tech who can do this, get his/her email address and PM it to me, please. I'm still trying in my quest.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

oz923 is a n00b

again, thanks to everyone who responded to my questions. very helpful. i will give it a try this weekend.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, TP, PalmPRE, TP2

aarondeep is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aarondeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJuice View Post
Ok I understand...does anyone know of any tricks to get the number added? Of course being polite and persistent and occasionally bending the truth about questions they ask but other than that?
I stupidly activated a different device to my account and then tried to go back to the touch pro, no go since it wasnt in the MEID database.
I have called verizon 9 times now. Only one of the techs I spoke with even knew what the heck i was talkinga bout.
They can even see that the device was once working on my account and they still wont add it....

No go.... My recomendation? Avoid the hassle and get he device added before you do anything. It is an uphill battle. I've been without my touchPro for ~3weeks and im having separation anxiety haha.
I am now looking into other more nefarious methods to get my touch pro working again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro