PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61926)

tkoegler 03-22-2009 07:27 PM

Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I've had a Sprint TP on Verizon for about 3 weeks with no problems. Bought another one two days ago for the wife. Went through the tutorial then tried *228/3 several times yesterday with no luck. Finally called Vzw CS and tried to BS my way through getting it activated. Was finally transferred to Tier 2 Tech support and the very nice lady who I spoke to (who I finally leveled with about what I was trying to do) spent almost an hour and a half on the phone with me MANUALLY activating the second Sprint TP on Vzw! However, she never was able to get Data provisioned. Voice and text were and still are fine.

This morning however, MY TP which has been perfect for weeks, suddenly lost data and I started receiving Error 67 (?) codes and popups that told me my PowerVision (remember, I'm on Vzw) password and login were incorrect.

Hopefully this is temporary or I now have several very expensive paperweights.

skruff77 03-22-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zikronix (Post 790073)
mine was doing that...i think it was a vzw thing...i reenterd my profile information though

what do you mean reenter your profile information. where do you do that at??????

jmorton10 03-22-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkoegler (Post 790187)

This morning however, MY TP which has been perfect for weeks, suddenly lost data and I started receiving Error 67 (?) codes and popups that told me my PowerVision (remember, I'm on Vzw) password and login were incorrect.

That is exactly the same thing mine did, & mine has been working perfectly for almost five months. It is working fine now however.

~John

Gadjetguy 03-22-2009 08:50 PM

Only got error 67 when I tried to update the weather. All other data just wouldn't connect. Now all seems to be fine. Maybe it was just a Verizon Network issue.
I'm on Long Island in NY. Don't know if it was a local issue. Maybe it was a warning from Verizon!

Mike

jmorton10 03-22-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjetguy (Post 790485)
I'm on Long Island in NY. Don't know if it was a local issue.

I'm in upstate NY (Rochester)

~John

tkoegler 03-22-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 790452)
That is exactly the same thing mine did, & mine has been working perfectly for almost five months. It is working fine now however.

~John

John-

Did you do anything special to bring it back? I am getting ready to flash my TP back to the vzw rom (to enable ## codes), and enter the shared keys from my old XV6800 and try it again.

The only thing I did today at work when this started was to go into EPST on the phone and delete my shared coded and try to force back into 1X. Unfortunately I was unable to do so. The one time I'm not happy about my GREAT coverage at work! :disgust: :)

Not that it is necessarily a regional issue but I am in Northern Va/Washington DC area.

jmorton10 03-22-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkoegler (Post 790582)
John-

Did you do anything special to bring it back?

All I did was soft reset & it's been working fine ever since.

I would have to reflash to use the ## codes as they don't work with my current ROM, but at this point I don't really need to.

~John

jmorton10 03-22-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

I am getting ready to flash my TP back to the vzw rom (to enable ## codes), and enter the shared keys from my old XV6800 and try it again.

Copying/pasting the keys from a xv6800 is how I got data working in the first place.

~John

tkoegler 03-22-2009 09:30 PM

Wish I had your luck. I have soft reset 4 or 5 times, and hard reset and restored from backup once. No joy.

Anyone know of a way to reenable ## codes in a custom Rom (I'm using Mighty Rom)?

jmorton10 03-22-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

I am getting ready to flash my TP back to the vzw rom (to enable ## codes),

The only thing I did today at work when this started was to go into EPST on the phone .

How did you get into EPST without the ## codes working??

~John