PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
Link to Verizon PRI courtesy of bored.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933

Its the second file. PPST146.cab I think its called.

As for the ERI I don't think its on the forums, but you can get that from any verizon branded phone if you hook it up through QPST.
I can confirm this. I copied the ERI from my XV6700 to my Alltel touch pro on VZW and no longer have roaming triangle and can do *228 without it messing it up.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 View Post
I got my phone to work on verizon. You have to get someone to add your MEID to their database and once it's added you can activate it. Also on verizonwireless.com it says I have a touch pro and even shows a pic of it. I don't have data yet though and I still have a roaming triangle and a it says i'm roaming all the time
If your ESN and MEID are really on the DMD, do a hardware hard reset (google it). Then force your phone into 1X mode (make a call), once it goes back to EV it'll grab the DMU keys and you'll be golden. You might have to put in the #777 username and password (full phone number@vzw3g.com, password vzw).

EDIT:
Latest PRL's with Verizon and no roaming triangle:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=22
Old 04-18-2009, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
I can confirm this. I copied the ERI from my XV6700 to my Alltel touch pro on VZW and no longer have roaming triangle and can do *228 without it messing it up.
After you do this, do you have to do a *228 activation??

~John
Old 04-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

Adam_Buell is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Buell View Post
So i finally i got my Sprint TP today and flash it to Verizon and it works great best phone i have ever used honestly. Called Verizon and talked to customer service and told them that it was a touch pro but did NOT mention that it was sprint and that "My friend got it straight from HTC" and she said oh well that explains why it wasn't in their database and blah blah and she transferred me to TS and there i told that lady the same thing and she said well the only thing i can do it put in a problem report or something like that so that they could unlock my MEID and add it into their database and she then told me that it could talk up to 2 weeks but i should have no problems after that and that she would call me as soon as they got it into their system.

So if this works, GREAT, otherwise she did mention something about a lawsuit that is going on in California about Verizon not activating other carriers phones and i guess there is an Email address or a website you can go to, to get more info and/or jump on the train with them.

If anyone knows more about this can you let me know, otherwise ill post my finding here when i learn more.

So today i tried *228 option 3 again and BAM!! it works!! the Verizon lady still hasn't called me back but out of sheer impatiences i tried and it works!! data and everything!!

So moral of the story is, just lie to them and it will work out
Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

justinm0424 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
If your ESN and MEID are really on the DMD, do a hardware hard reset (google it). Then force your phone into 1X mode (make a call), once it goes back to EV it'll grab the DMU keys and you'll be golden. You might have to put in the #777 username and password (full phone number@vzw3g.com, password vzw).

EDIT:
Latest PRL's with Verizon and no roaming triangle:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=22

didn't work but I just put my girlfriends Touch on my line copied the HA and AAA secret keys then put my Sprint Touch Pro back on my line and data worked fine. then I updated the PRL again. my datas working fine now.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

From the tech that helped me:
"call us and get a dmu reset done, please call the technical service department as customer service does not have access. hard reset and see if you have data, if not, have us do another dmu reset, and hard reset for up to four times, sometimes it takes a few tries. dial *384 (not sure about this) which is simply a test call that forces you onto voice only, once in this mode the phone will try to pick up the new authorization keys to get data"
Old 04-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
yes i have read the post and nowhere does it state what people did. i know it works if done right. no one here said they changed the msl code and placed a vzw prl on the phone. so if i were you i would think twice before posting what you did, after all did you read all the pages?
This thread makes it clear that the *228 option 3 loophole has been plugged. Making a post suggesting users use this option to activate their non-VZW phones indicates you have not read the thread. Currently there is far more to getting a non-network phone activated than your overly simplistic post. At this point, devices MUST be added to the DMD first, and only then will you be able to follow previously discussed activation procedures. Why do you think the previous thread with the Sprint to Verizon tutorial was removed?

Last edited by helix139; 04-20-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
Flash the Verizon PRI and ERI. No more roaming triangle (unless you're really roaming, of course) and *228 works, no messing with custom PRLs ever again.

Not sure why everyone doesn't just do this. Its a tiny bit more work at first, changing 2 things instead of 1, but it saves you from ever having to worry about it in the future. This is especially relevant now with Verizon doing PRL updates so often as they integrate the Alltel network.
Not entirely true. I've tried both unmodified and Bored's modified PRI along with the Verizon ERI and it does not eliminate the roaming triangle on Sprint phones. The only method to get rid of the triangle on a Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon is by using a modded PRL.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Not entirely true. I've tried both unmodified and Bored's modified PRI along with the Verizon ERI and it does not eliminate the roaming triangle on Sprint phones. The only method to get rid of the triangle on a Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon is by using a modded PRL.
Yea, I wondered about that statement when I read it as I was fairly sure it was incorrect from all the testing I have done.

I was not 100% sure, so I let the post stand but I'm not real surprised to read your response..........

~John
Old 04-20-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Curious. I am using a VZW PRI on an Alltel TP and no longer have a Roaming Triangle. Prior to doing so it did show it so I am curious as to why it does not work on a Sprint TP. I know someone with a Sprint TP, will test it myself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro