PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61926)

veedubguru 03-22-2009 11:21 AM

Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Was in the Sprint store yesterday with the wife checking out the service and equipment...

The whole family is on board and very excited about unlimited data for ALL 4 LINES we have!

Verizon charges so damn much for data (and lacks a family data package) that we've only been able to afford data for 2 of our lines with them. With Sprint, we'll have unlimited data, text, picture messaging, and 100 more minutes a month to use for less money than we pay Verizon for what we have now.

Verizon $225/mo. (4 lines, 1400 minutes, 250 texts per line, unlimited data for 2 lines)
Sprint $175/mo. (4 lines, 1500 minutes, UNLIMITED texting, unlimited data for 4 LINES!)

Bye bye Verizon

zikronix 03-22-2009 12:42 PM

both my touch pros (one hot one spare) are both flashed verizon. Not about to attempt to switch back and forth though to see if it works.

jmorton10 03-22-2009 01:23 PM

I don't know why people insist on posting post after post after post about how Sprint is cheaper. There has never been any argument about that. If Sprint charged what they do & had service/coverage that was equal (or even close) to what VZ provides, nobody would ever sign up for Verizon again.

That is not the case however, I have had both services & I can truthfully say this is a perfect case of "you get what you pay for". We have a corporate account through where I work & we could switch tomorrow to any service available if we wanted to.

I work in IT & I get a lot of the calls transferred to me from our people in the field when they are *****!ing/complaining about cell service problems. Last years, we swapped almost 80 phones from Sprint to VZ service (& it certainly wasn't to save money). Complaint calls on the cell service has dropped probably 95% since the change (I don't think I field two calls a month at this point, when we had Sprint service we darn near had to assign a person full time to this type of cr@p) We where CONSTANTLY smoothing over problems where a corporate customer was justifiably upset because they didn't receive a timely response to an SMS that either never arrived at all or was 8 hours late because Sprint couldn't deliver it in a timely manner.

~John

skruff77 03-22-2009 04:15 PM

so would this give me a error code 67. i cant use the internet anymore

ShadowDrake 03-22-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 789465)
I don't know why people insist on posting post after post after post about how Sprint is cheaper. There has never been any argument about that. If Sprint charged what they do & had service/coverage that was equal (or even close) to what VZ provides, nobody would ever sign up for Verizon again.

That is not the case however, I have had both services & I can truthfully say this is a perfect case of "you get what you pay for". We have a corporate account through where I work & we could switch tomorrow to any service available if we wanted to.

I work in IT & I get a lot of the calls transferred to me from our people in the field when they are *****!ing/complaining about cell service problems. Last years, we swapped almost 80 phones from Sprint to VZ service (& it certainly wasn't to save money). Complaint calls on the cell service has dropped probably 95% since the change (I don't think I field two calls a month at this point, when we had Sprint service we darn near had to assign a person full time to this type of cr@p) We where CONSTANTLY smoothing over problems where a corporate customer was justifiably upset because they didn't receive a timely response to an SMS that either never arrived at all or was 8 hours late because Sprint couldn't deliver it in a timely manner.

~John

Really I think it's an easily corrected issue by Sprint. It's not their architecture that seems to be the problem. I used Helio for a year, and never had texts come in late. Helio, in case you don't know, is a Sprint MVNO - they rent Sprint's network. There's just something with Sprint's SMS servers, or the way that it is handled on the individual phones that causes the problem of texts not coming through with decent reception. A friend of mine had the Katana II (yes, piece of crap phone) on Sprint but she never had the delayed text (and calls which never ring) issues that I have with my TP.

I hope they will catch it though. Service coverage is pretty much a moot point, due to the free roam agreement between the companies for customers. Verizon just charges way too much for me to want to bother considering them... Their plans border on just plain retarded.

Gadjetguy 03-22-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skruff77 (Post 789815)
so would this give me a error code 67. i cant use the internet anymore

Started getting the same error this morning. Hope it's just a temporary issue.
Anyone else?

Mike

skruff77 03-22-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjetguy (Post 789856)
Anyone else?

Mike

i so hope its temporary

jmorton10 03-22-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjetguy (Post 789856)

Weird, I just got that error myself (had the phone since early November & never saw that once before)

I soft reset & it was fine again...........

~John

Nimdock 03-22-2009 05:37 PM

My take on this is that Verizon might be superior for some people that are not covered well by Sprint, each case is different.

However that's not true for everybody. In a lot of areas the networks are pretty much equivalent.

If I get perfect service, cheaper and with great data speeds why would I go to another network to get the same thing but spending more money.

So use whatever service satisfy your needs. In my book Sprint is perfect. No data or voice issues, great speeds and have been up and running for 8 years. The amount of money I've saved. For other people Sprint doesn't give good coverage so Verizon is the smart move.

Oh and a big plus; so far I haven't had to find workarounds to make the phones from other carriers work in my network.

zikronix 03-22-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 789919)
Weird, I just got that error myself (had the phone since early November & never saw that once before)

I soft reset & it was fine again...........

~John

mine was doing that...i think it was a vzw thing...i reenterd my profile information though