PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Pre
Carrier: Sprint

fishfuzz is keeping up the good workfishfuzz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
So, nobody knows where that thread went huh? Maybe got closed because it was turning into a Sprint vs. Verizon competition? I don't know. I have recently posted about a chrome defect on my Sprint Pro on VZW network. Sprint has said they will rep;ace it with a brand new one if I bring it to the Sprint store. So, I called Verizon and they confirmed that they would indeed activate my new one when I get it. He even marked it on my account that I will be getting a new device to replace my existing non-Verizon phone due to a factory flaw. Also stating that when and if I need to call them for help with activation, to help me with it. Music to my ears. I think I'm gonna go get that new Touch Pro. Crosses fingers that it will definitely activate! They did promise me.
Let us know how that works out.The chrome is having the same problem on my TP.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:26 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Sorry to hear it! I definitely will post back.

For the most part, it seems if you are cool to the VZW tech you speak with, they are very helpful. The moment you rub them the wrong way, the less they will help you, since they technically don't have to help you add a foreign device to their network. Anyhow, I'm feeling hopeful about it all.

Here is the link to my chrome defect pics. and thread!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=826184

Last edited by santod; 04-07-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPRO2
Carrier: Sprint

Quirk is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Quirk

The company I work for (a call center) is trying to snag the VZW account. If so, I'll be able to walk over to one of the VZW agents when they're not on a call and get them to add a non-VZW phone for me.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Verizon

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

a couple things fry me up on this one. Most notably, the constant BS VZW does to their customers.
Secondly, I know forums get wild with flames, repeat questions, and noob-sense, but i have been asking for help/ links in various threads and searched many times for the how to's with using a Sprint TP on VZW with no luck at all. Worst part is, I just spent $300 on a Sprint TP off craigslist TODAY, hoping to hook it up on VZW. I sit down with a beer, search the forums (again) for help, no luck, and finally went over to XDA (i have always been a loyal PPCgeek member) and saw a thread for this on their first page. I know i have no one to blame but myself, but considering the large number of people using SprintTP's on VZW, i would have liked this to have been stickied like the OP requested. I know there will be a number of people affected by this change.

On a side note, can anyone clearify how this device doesn't qualify for VZW's newly p***** open handset policy??
Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Mine is working fine too even though I have had the same error issues here and there. My question is if I am using the stock Sprint Rom can I hard reset without losing the programing? Do I need a back up program to restore these keys or is that just for restoring the programs and contacts?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
So, I called Verizon and they confirmed that they would indeed activate my new one when I get it.
So, have you done this yet??

~John
Old 04-10-2009, 09:21 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
if I am using the stock Sprint Rom can I hard reset without losing the programing? ?
Why not flash a custom ROM??

My Sprint TP running on VZ is running FANTASTIC on Mighty 4.16

~John
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

I know it probably is easy but I havent figured out everything I need to do this. I just flashed my Dell Axim to a custom rom but that was easy... I just copied two files to an SD card and did the button combo to put it in bootloader and it installed itself. I have also done an OEM Rom upgrade on an XV6800 but again I only had to connect it to the PC and click on the Rom. If you care to give really good instructions and give me some confidence the Rom flash wont wipe out my HA and AAA keys. I never had to go through what you did to get the keys installed. I just forced the phone in 1X and went on the internet and they set. Not sure if the custom Rom was your problem with this or not but the Sprint Rom worked my way.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
My Sprint TP running on VZ is running FANTASTIC on Mighty 4.16

~John
Yeah my phone is frustrating. It can be dreadfully slow at times and the speed tricks only works for a short time and the soft keyboard forever keeps locking to numbers only and I have to keep reg editing to fix it.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
If you care to give really good instructions and give me some confidence the Rom flash wont wipe out my HA and AAA keys. I never had to go through what you did to get the keys installed. I just forced the phone in 1X and went on the internet and they set. Not sure if the custom Rom was your problem with this or not but the Sprint Rom worked my way.
When I went through all the nightmare with the keys, I was running the leaked VZ ROM -not a custom ROM. The funny thing is, I have probably activated 30 phones on Verizon since then & had no problem whatever with data on any of them -it was only that first one that was a problem.

I have since flashed the ROM probably 30 times on that first phone & never reactivated anything. Mighty 4.16 is awesome. My phone is lightning fast & smooth & everything works perfectly (& I have every app known to man installed in it)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro