PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Help with flashing Rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61905)

Mattw79 03-21-2009 10:13 AM

Help with flashing Rom

I installed Mighty Rom 4.14 on my Sprint Touch Pro the other day not realizing that 4.6 was available. When I try to flash the new rom, it quits at 1% and gives me an invalid model id error in the rom update utility. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Rusty Duck 03-21-2009 01:10 PM

Re: Help with flashing Rom

Make sure you are downloading the correct version. I find it easier to flash from mt SD card:

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

skeegcpp 03-22-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsousan (Post 787591)
Make sure you are downloading the correct version. I find it easier to flash from mt SD card:

1. Make sure you backup anything that is necessary to your day to day operations! At a minimum, please perform an ActiveSync to Outlook or your Exchange server prior to flashing!
2. Rename the custom ROM NBH file from RUU_Signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh
3. Copy RAPHIMG.nbh to the root of your microSD Card.
4. Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. While you're still holding those 2 buttons, press the reset button with your stylus.
5. When your Touch Pro tells you to do so, press the power button to begin the flash process. If you do not get the message to press the power button to flash, there is a mistake in the name of the NBH file or you do not have the file at the root of your microSD card.
6. When flashing is complete, perform a soft reset.

thx for the details...im flashing my 1st touch pro today:mrgreen:...and used steps like these to explain to my homeboy how to do it himself. and i definey concur flashing from an sd card is much easier vs. AS or WMDC

gimme5 03-22-2009 09:21 AM

I only flash from the SD card too. The nice thing is that I don't have to stress about the dog tripping over the USB cable and bricking my phone :D

Rusty Duck 03-22-2009 09:23 AM

Congrats on the TP and enjoy!!!!! The instructions are from jakdillard on this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

skeegcpp 03-22-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsousan (Post 789065)

lol..i have that thread in my list of subbed threads already, too:mrgreen:(great minds think alike, so they say)

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 789107)
4.14 is the newest version for the touch pro. You must have stumbled over into the HTC Diamond section of the website, because that's where Mighty's 4.6 is. DO NOT INSTALL 4.6 on your touch pro.

thx for the clarification, bro..

razorloves 03-22-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattw79 (Post 787363)
I installed Mighty Rom 4.14 on my Sprint Touch Pro the other day not realizing that 4.6 was available. When I try to flash the new rom, it quits at 1% and gives me an invalid model id error in the rom update utility. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

4.14 is the newest version for the touch pro. You must have stumbled over into the HTC Diamond section of the website, because that's where Mighty's 4.6 is. DO NOT INSTALL 4.6 on your touch pro.