PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Re: Grey screen of death

This has happened to me a couple times as well. Brand new TP, only a week old and a 2/22 build date. A soft reset will fix this and all is well afterwards....
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 03-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

talking to him now on messenger it seems its the lcd flex cable issue as hard reseting it and flashing the stock exe rom from the stock rom links thread did not help... only messing with the keyboard in and out and power cycling gets the graphics to show on the lcd... even in bootloader all he sees is a ligh gray screen, nothing on lcd but backlight is on casuing it to look gray
Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro

howertoneng is a n00b

I purchased my alltel touch pro, and paid full price back in December. It worked great until 3 weeks ago, when i started getting this grey screen of death. Using stock rom, and no other apps installed.

First i would just turn off the device (soft off), and when i would try to turn back on, i thought it was just dead, cause i didn't see anything. After looking closer, i could tell the device display was just greyed out, if u tilt the device, you can see the white lines on the edges where it was clearly powered up. you could then turn off, wait a few seconds, turn back on, with the same result. After several soft-resets, remove battery, etc, it would finally come back on.

Alltel cust service suggested, hard reset (remove all memory, back to original condition)

This did not help.

Other times, the device screen would just freeze up, and would not respond to anything, the only thing you could do was remove battery. other times if switched to keyboard (landscape mode), and then closed keyboard, it would stay stuck in landscape mode (frozen,) and no response.

Still did not always come back on initially, sometime i had to remove battery several times, and reset several times to get the tp to come back on.

Finally, alltel is now sending me a replacement device.

FYI, i even disable TF3D, but it made no difference.

Clearly this is a hardware problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro