PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with program on start up

I downloaded trapster. Hated the program so I uninstalled it. Now every time I boot up the phone it flashed an error for trapstermobile.exe. I tried finding the file to delete whatever there was and couldn't find ANYTHING in the phone dealing with trapster.

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Problem with program on start up

try going to remove programs and see if it's still listed. if so, delete again. if not, try 2-3 soft resets in a row. or try finding it in zip.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardfootball56 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've looked in remove programs already and no dice. Nothing in the registry and soft resets have done nothing. I usually soft reset my phone once a day to keep it running smoothly anyway but nothing seems to work. I don't want to have to do another hard reset but so far I can't find anything dealing with trapster anywhere in the phone. It has to be there though if it's popping up .

The error says :

The file "trapstermobile2" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components cannot be found.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:00 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfootball56 View Post
I've looked in remove programs already and no dice. Nothing in the registry and soft resets have done nothing. I usually soft reset my phone once a day to keep it running smoothly anyway but nothing seems to work. I don't want to have to do another hard reset but so far I can't find anything dealing with trapster anywhere in the phone. It has to be there though if it's popping up .

The error says :

The file "trapstermobile2" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components cannot be found.
There must be a registry setting that is calling the program. If you cannot find it then you just might have to do a hard reset.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try this:

Go to /windows/startup and look for a trapster mobile in there. If you see it, delete it. That should solve your issue.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Found "Start Trapster" in the start up file but it won't allow me to delete it. It says access is denied.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work

try renaming it in total commander, then deleting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

That's weird. I went into Total Commander and the start up file wasn't there anymore. I guess when I tried deleting it when it kept shooting the error code, it actually deleted but didn't show that until I soft re-setted it again. Thanks anyway though to those who helped. Much appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro