PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Problem with program on start up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61859)

dfootball56 03-20-2009 08:55 PM

Problem with program on start up

I downloaded trapster. Hated the program so I uninstalled it. Now every time I boot up the phone it flashed an error for trapstermobile.exe. I tried finding the file to delete whatever there was and couldn't find ANYTHING in the phone dealing with trapster.

Anybody have any ideas?

Dr.8820 03-20-2009 08:58 PM

Re: Problem with program on start up

try going to remove programs and see if it's still listed. if so, delete again. if not, try 2-3 soft resets in a row. or try finding it in zip.

dfootball56 03-20-2009 10:02 PM

I've looked in remove programs already and no dice. Nothing in the registry and soft resets have done nothing. I usually soft reset my phone once a day to keep it running smoothly anyway but nothing seems to work. I don't want to have to do another hard reset but so far I can't find anything dealing with trapster anywhere in the phone. It has to be there though if it's popping up .

The error says :

The file "trapstermobile2" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components cannot be found.

Rusty Duck 03-20-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfootball56 (Post 786703)
I've looked in remove programs already and no dice. Nothing in the registry and soft resets have done nothing. I usually soft reset my phone once a day to keep it running smoothly anyway but nothing seems to work. I don't want to have to do another hard reset but so far I can't find anything dealing with trapster anywhere in the phone. It has to be there though if it's popping up .

The error says :

The file "trapstermobile2" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components cannot be found.

There must be a registry setting that is calling the program. If you cannot find it then you just might have to do a hard reset.

Oxymoron238 03-20-2009 11:04 PM

Try this:

Go to /windows/startup and look for a trapster mobile in there. If you see it, delete it. That should solve your issue.

dfootball56 03-20-2009 11:20 PM

Found "Start Trapster" in the start up file but it won't allow me to delete it. It says access is denied.

amart79196 03-20-2009 11:25 PM

try renaming it in total commander, then deleting.

dfootball56 03-21-2009 08:38 PM

That's weird. I went into Total Commander and the start up file wasn't there anymore. I guess when I tried deleting it when it kept shooting the error code, it actually deleted but didn't show that until I soft re-setted it again. Thanks anyway though to those who helped. Much appreciated.