PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Take the touch pro underwater for a swim?

Hey gang,
Was looking for some help. I know we all love to do nifty things with our Touch Pros.
I was wondering if anyone has taken one for a swim.
I certainly can invest in a standalone underwater mp3 player made for swimming but I'd much rather bring my baby for the ride.

So far with my own searching I've seen waterproof cases but that's about it.
I was hoping to either find:
1.) a swimming 'kit' including a case and headphones etc... or
2.) a bluetooth headset that can work underwater (do these exist)? That way I could just get the case and the headset and be ready to rock.

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I crazy?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Take the touch pro underwater for a swim?

start here http://store.thewaterproofstore.com/...FSQhDQodzEHCIg
Old 03-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hahah, you're going to need specialized sound-isolating earbuds to be able to use headphones underwater, which bluetooths typically aren't. There should be clear waterproof ziploc-type bags that are made especially to keep electronics dry in water, but no room to be able to pull a headphone wire through and still have it remain waterproof.

something similar to this
http://www.landfallnavigation.com/aquapaccases.html

if you're going to be swimming in the ocean, seawater is incredibly corrosive and will damage the headphone contacts very fast.

//nice moonzbabysh has a much better site, the waterproof mp3 case looks good as long as you get a extUSB to 3.5 converter
Old 03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

it really depends on your swimming i guess... i go surfing several times a yr out in CA and FL.. i just went 2 weeks ago... i wear a thin divers wet suit(the ones with the hood).. i totally have my phone on hip everytime.. well basically its just stick in there, not actualy attached to anything lol .. but i have my headset in.. hell i answer calls while im on 10ft waves.. did it tons of times with my mogul.. my TP just got its wave hoppin cherry popped lol

if you got a waterproof case and a swimmers cap you could def pull this off.. as far as bluetooth, does that work under water? i mean would the signal actually travel between to points?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for all the help. My brother may actually by some ipod one cause it's built for it. I almost S**t myself. Just picturing him installing itunes on a computer to transfer music literally is giving me nightmares. Please someone....
Help with a good solution.
And I have no clue how well bluetooth works underwater. I would love to find out though.

Mr. Boredandtatooed, I'm a little confused. Are you simply saying you keep your device under your wetsuit and it stays dry?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:38 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

yes thats exactly what im saying...wet suits are watertight... same as the swimmers cap idea i gave ya.. watch a competetive swimmer get out of the water, their hair is only wet due to sweat..
Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

This is cool people, some pix will make it even better..stay dry
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
yes thats exactly what im saying...wet suits are watertight... same as the swimmers cap idea i gave ya.. watch a competetive swimmer get out of the water, their hair is only wet due to sweat..
Maybe they make a different kind of "wetsuit" for surfing that I'm not familiar with, but wetsuits designed for scuba diving are most definitely not water proof, they allow water to get in but keep it from escaping and your body heats that water which then insulates you and keeps you warmer. If you put your phone inside a regular wetsuit it will most definitely get wet.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 03-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Maybe they make a different kind of "wetsuit" for surfing that I'm not familiar with, but wetsuits designed for scuba diving are most definitely not water proof, they allow water to get in but keep it from escaping and your body heats that water which then insulates you and keeps you warmer. If you put your phone inside a regular wetsuit it will most definitely get wet.
Yea, the wetsuits I've used specifically let some water in, but still kept you insulated. This was swimming in like 50-60F (10-12C) degree waters too. Couldn't feel it except in my hands which didn't have gloves, warm everywhere else, but felt like my fingers were falling off. The wetsuits I've used were also skin tight, so I wouldn't know how you could fit a phone against you're body without it being very uncomfortable.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 03-20-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

I've often wanted to send/receive phone calls while scuba diving...
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro