PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mobile Email

I am probably going to switch to this when mail2web starts charging...

If you set up a Gmail account and turn on IMAP it can be set up to sync all of your email folders.

Also google has something new which will allow you to sync your calendar and contacts.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&ctx=sibling

Remember google is always in beta status so.... Have fun
Old 03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theedon View Post
I am probably going to switch to this when mail2web starts charging...

If you set up a Gmail account and turn on IMAP it can be set up to sync all of your email folders.

Also google has something new which will allow you to sync your calendar and contacts.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&ctx=sibling

Remember google is always in beta status so.... Have fun
Don't bother, Sprint Mobile Email broke my messaging and I have like 3 ghost email accounts according to the Touch Flo tab

It keeps on giving me an error message and it wouldn't register and would just crash every time I attempted to log on.

Now I have to hard reset because I accidentally deleted a reg entry, hahah.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 03-31-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Don't bother, Sprint Mobile Email broke my messaging and I have like 3 ghost email accounts according to the Touch Flo tab

It keeps on giving me an error message and it wouldn't register and would just crash every time I attempted to log on.

Now I have to hard reset because I accidentally deleted a reg entry, hahah.
I wasn't talking about using spring email... I was talking about using Gmail with IMAP. I have been using Gmail/IMAP for about two years and it is VERY dependable and easy to set up.

The previous link shows new functionality from Gmail concerning the ability to sync contacts and calendar... (this part is kind of flaky but the mail is rock solid)
Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I wasn't talking about using spring email... I was talking about using Gmail with IMAP. I have been using Gmail/IMAP for about two years and it is VERY dependable and easy to set up.

The previous link shows new functionality from Gmail concerning the ability to sync contacts and calendar... (this part is kind of flaky but the mail is rock solid)
Ah yes, I use Gmail IMAP as well. When I was trying to revert/uninstall SME and its stupid ghost email accounts, I accidentally deleted the IMAP4 entry. I've been using Gmail IMAP since my mogul. Contact/Calendar backup I've always done using my computer and Outlook though. I imported my contacts info from Outlook into Gmail as an online backup as well, so I'm afraid if I do that new feature it'll dupe everything. It's nice though because I will never have to set up those annoying facebook groups/events that ask everyone for their phone numbers.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sprint mobile email is decommissioned i believe. since like end of December, January. 1+1 is a good "push tech provider"(for the lack of a better explanation)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:

blehh, Gmail swapped all my contacts names into Last Name, First Name. If I try to switch it back and I resync, it reverts back into Last Name, First Name. Pretty evil I'd say
Old 04-01-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

It's too bad there hasn't been more development on the IMAP Pusher service...

http://www.codeplex.com/ImapPusherService
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1987 View Post
Yea I was thinking the same thing, I'm using the seven beta now, but I've got 80 cent charge from International Texts, which isn't anything, but still I don't want my phone send texts without my knowledge. And I guess it sends one everytime I flash and have to reinstall seven. And when I flash a few times a week that'll actually kinda add up.
It says during set up that the texts are required. So I stopped installing SEVEN. I don't wanna have to keep up with random chargable text messages.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

To the OP, all you need to do is go into settings, and change the download size to All Messages and it should grab your whole box. Under Send/Receive schedule, select All messages, it defaults to the last 3 days worth.

As far as Sprintpcs.com email, its actually still active, i guess they forgot to take it down. You can get to it from the website and from a reg P-Vision phone like the Instinct.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
As far as Sprintpcs.com email, its actually still active, i guess they forgot to take it down. You can get to it from the website and from a reg P-Vision phone like the Instinct.
WOW..i thot that thing was gone back in december...owell.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro