PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

Here is Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79. This Version ported from Sprint's Treo PRO. Works on the Diamond and Touch Pro. This version does threaded Picturemails too!!!! It has all the server settings that the sprint servers expect. The servers will think your phone is a Treo, but that makes no diff I also added the nice icons from gadgetfreak (Here is the Thread)*

Special thanks to MrHawaii For the files, and Reg entries This wouldn't of happened without his help

This will work on the Stock Rom too. It might work with ROMs that have Picturemail cooked in them.

Here are the Steps:

1. If you Have a version of Arcsoft MMS installed, Uninstall it. Also, Go to Settings, System, Text Messaging. Then make sure "Text message layout" is set to Threaded.

2. Run the Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab to remove Sprints PictureMail or Remove Arcsoft registry entries. This is not Req on a clean ROM. It is REQ for a stock ROM. You might want to Soft Reset after this. I would like thank KillerQ. He inspired me to make the code that uninstalls Sprint Picturemail.
Note: If you have to run this again, it will try to uninstall this, and fail, then install it again. That is normal and don't worry about it

3. Install Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.cab and Soft Reset. Then you should be done...
Note: On forst soft reset, your phone might be unresponcive for 10-20 seconds. That is normal, and it will boot up fine after that

The default is 512k sending limit, and 10 meg d/l limit. I removed the limit for editing the server setting. Now you can edit the sprint server, and change the limit there in the app without having to do any regedits. You can select 512k (For compatibility with other carriers), 1 meg, and 5 meg.

* If you don't like the Fancy Notification icons, you can install this Arcsoft Generic Icons-new.cab, and it will make them generic, like the stock ROM.

Update 1 - Replaced the generic Notification icons... They arent VGA, so it isn't as pretty, but it will allow you to recieve pics since there were complants that the other one broke it. this is the file that came with this version of arcsoft.

Update 2 - After installing on my friends stock diamond, I found out that Text Messages need to be in threaded mode to install Arcsoft.

Last edited by jaminmc; 03-28-2009 at 11:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 143 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

Works Great on stock ROM. Just make sure you run the removal CAB.

Last edited by jaminmc; 03-29-2009 at 03:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

What's the difference from the last version you posted? Any performance improvements or anything?

If I installed the last version, is it worth the hassle to try and install this version? Initially i installed 69.44 but then that never fully removed from my system, so I would rather not attempt a removal of the 70.24 and then have the same resultl...

what do you think? worth it?

Old 03-20-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
What's the difference from the last version you posted? Any performance improvements or anything?

If I installed the last version, is it worth the hassle to try and install this version? Initially i installed 69.44 but then that never fully removed from my system, so I would rather not attempt a removal of the 70.24 and then have the same resultl...

what do you think? worth it?
Well, It is the True Sprint version. Released on the Treo Pro. I then Ported it over to my Touch Pro. Should work on the Diamond too. Threaded SMS works the same as 70.24. In fact you don't notice much of a diff... The Emotion icons work in this version

Attempt to remove Arcsoft. If it fails, no biggie. Run Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab anyway, and install the new one.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900 touch pro

ilynx is a n00b

i realize this is for the touch pro, but has anyone tried this for the mogul (ppc6800)? any reason it wouldn't work?

tia,
ilynx
Old 03-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
Here is Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79. This Version if from Sprint's Treo PRO.
just wondering call me stupid but this will work on the Sprint TP? cus i just updated to MightyMikes 4.14 and arcsoft 69 something isnt working at all after 3 installs which it was working on 4.12 idk what i did wrong so im installing arcsoft 70.something right now to see if that fixes my problem...

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:41 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
Well, It is the True Sprint version. Released on the Treo Pro. I then Ported it over to my Touch Pro. Should work on the Diamond too. Threaded SMS works the same as 70.24. In fact you don't notice much of a diff... The Emotion icons work in this version

Attempt to remove Arcsoft. If it fails, no biggie. Run Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab anyway, and install the new one.
so, the only immediate difference you've found is support for emoticons? If I ever hard reset I'll install this one right away, but if that's the only difference i can wait.

Thanks for your efforts
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
just wondering call me stupid but this will work on the Sprint TP? cus i just updated to MightyMikes 4.14 and arcsoft 69 something isnt working at all after 3 installs which it was working on 4.12 idk what i did wrong so im installing arcsoft 70.something right now to see if that fixes my problem...
This cab is for Touch Pro. I Ported it from a Treo. Have it working on my Might Rom 4.11
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
so, the only immediate difference you've found is support for emoticons? If I ever hard reset I'll install this one right away, but if that's the only difference i can wait.

Thanks for your efforts
No need to hard reset. I didn't hard reset to update this from previous versions.... Just run the remover, and install the new one... Couldn't be easier...
If you are worried about it, just install Sprite backup, backup your phone. Then update your arcsoft... If it hoses something, restore the backup.. It will be like you never did anything. Sprite has a free trial of like 30 days or something.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I am still waiting for confirmation that people receive my messages, but it seems like they should. It seems to work great.

I am running the stock Sprint ROM and another benefit of this over the last version (for me anyway) is that outgoing MMS is threading now too (not just incoming)!!

Thanks all involved!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro