PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rumrunner6900 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP won't answer calls

Forgive me ahead of time if there is a topic on this. Tried numerous searches with no love.

Recently, my phone has started this annoying habit where the Answer soft button does not work when someone is calling me. Nor does the hard button work to answer a call.

It is a a big pain in the *** and everyone thinks I am ignoring them since I have to call them back. I haven't installed anything lately, but I have been tethering more, which is the only real change.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: TP won't answer calls

have you tried a soft reset first? and what 3rd party apps do you have? one of the apps might be messing with the registry somewhere.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Soft rest at least once a day. I have a small amount of apps, but as I said, this really didn't start happening til recently and I havent put anything on my phone in a while.

GAlarm
Skyfire
NFL Mobile
Diamond Tweak
Advance Config
nuelight
Assorted games
Internet sharing hack

I think that is about it. Nothing too crazy.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

hmm..i'll look around because i just saw a thread about this..
Old 03-20-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Custom ROM or Stock ROM?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

shockerengr is a n00b

diamond tweak or advanced config changed a reg setting on ya. the data connection resume is goofed and won't let you answer calls

from the TP essentials sticky:

"Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config. source"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerengr View Post
diamond tweak or advanced config changed a reg setting on ya. the data connection resume is goofed and won't let you answer calls

from the TP essentials sticky:

"Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config. source"
Good find. That is it. Thanks a lot! Now if I can figure out how to change it in the registry I'll be golden.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hughedee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumrunner6900 View Post
Forgive me ahead of time if there is a topic on this. Tried numerous searches with no love.

Recently, my phone has started this annoying habit where the Answer soft button does not work when someone is calling me. Nor does the hard button work to answer a call.

It is a a big pain in the *** and everyone thinks I am ignoring them since I have to call them back. I haven't installed anything lately, but I have been tethering more, which is the only real change.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?
Like yourself I searched everywhere for an solution. If you're running the Sprint Stock run like I was, this bug in they're system will continue to pop up and not allow you to answer calls. Soft resets or Hard Resets didn't work for me after 3 months of inconviences. I upgraded my ROM to MightyPro. I'm no longer with problems. I've also tried Juicy's Rom, but if you're gotten used to the Sprint layout and configurations, try Calkulins Rom. Calkulins (Or something like that) has one of the tf3d layouts identical to the Sprints Rom Minus the bugs.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumrunner6900 View Post
Good find. That is it. Thanks a lot! Now if I can figure out how to change it in the registry I'll be golden.
Search for Shaggy's cab on this.. makes it quick and easy.. you'll find it on the Diamond forums in the thread "delay on answer fix"

Here you go: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Shagg...dResume777.cab
Old 03-20-2009, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I had this exact same problem and what solved it for me was I stopped installing any Audiopara files or tweaks and now I never have a problem.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro