PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP won't answer calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61795)

Rumrunner6900 03-20-2009 12:45 PM

TP won't answer calls

Forgive me ahead of time if there is a topic on this. Tried numerous searches with no love.

Recently, my phone has started this annoying habit where the Answer soft button does not work when someone is calling me. Nor does the hard button work to answer a call.

It is a a big pain in the *** and everyone thinks I am ignoring them since I have to call them back. I haven't installed anything lately, but I have been tethering more, which is the only real change.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it? ](*,)

Dr.8820 03-20-2009 12:55 PM

Re: TP won't answer calls

have you tried a soft reset first? and what 3rd party apps do you have? one of the apps might be messing with the registry somewhere.

Rumrunner6900 03-20-2009 12:59 PM

Soft rest at least once a day. I have a small amount of apps, but as I said, this really didn't start happening til recently and I havent put anything on my phone in a while.

GAlarm
Skyfire
NFL Mobile
Diamond Tweak
Advance Config
nuelight
Assorted games
Internet sharing hack

I think that is about it. Nothing too crazy.

Dr.8820 03-20-2009 01:02 PM

hmm..i'll look around because i just saw a thread about this..

MojoRisen 03-20-2009 01:19 PM

Custom ROM or Stock ROM?

shockerengr 03-20-2009 01:21 PM

diamond tweak or advanced config changed a reg setting on ya. the data connection resume is goofed and won't let you answer calls

from the TP essentials sticky:

"Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config. source"

Rumrunner6900 03-20-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shockerengr (Post 785578)
diamond tweak or advanced config changed a reg setting on ya. the data connection resume is goofed and won't let you answer calls

from the TP essentials sticky:

"Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config. source"

Good find. That is it. Thanks a lot! Now if I can figure out how to change it in the registry I'll be golden.

hughedee 03-20-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumrunner6900 (Post 785461)
Forgive me ahead of time if there is a topic on this. Tried numerous searches with no love.

Recently, my phone has started this annoying habit where the Answer soft button does not work when someone is calling me. Nor does the hard button work to answer a call.

It is a a big pain in the *** and everyone thinks I am ignoring them since I have to call them back. I haven't installed anything lately, but I have been tethering more, which is the only real change.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it? ](*,)

:headbang:Like yourself I searched everywhere for an solution. If you're running the Sprint Stock run like I was, this bug in they're system will continue to pop up and not allow you to answer calls. Soft resets or Hard Resets didn't work for me after 3 months of inconviences. I upgraded my ROM to MightyPro. I'm no longer with problems. I've also tried Juicy's Rom, but if you're gotten used to the Sprint layout and configurations, try Calkulins Rom. Calkulins (Or something like that) has one of the tf3d layouts identical to the Sprints Rom Minus the bugs.

eenieMINI 03-20-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumrunner6900 (Post 785616)
Good find. That is it. Thanks a lot! Now if I can figure out how to change it in the registry I'll be golden.

Search for Shaggy's cab on this.. makes it quick and easy.. you'll find it on the Diamond forums in the thread "delay on answer fix"

Here you go: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Shagg...dResume777.cab

fat boy 03-20-2009 11:15 PM

I had this exact same problem and what solved it for me was I stopped installing any Audiopara files or tweaks and now I never have a problem.