PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP keys on bottom of screen NOT RESPONDING (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61792)

R2D2 631 03-20-2009 12:35 PM

TP keys on bottom of screen NOT RESPONDING

My Keys On Bottom Of The Screen..the Home,back,send And End Keys Are Not Working All Of The Time , Even After Soft And Hard Reset And Also After Flashing...does Anyone Know Of A Fix ?

MojoRisen 03-20-2009 12:39 PM

Re: TP keys on bottom of screen NOT RESPONDING

Sounds like it could be a faulty connection between the keys and the circuit board. Should this be the case, flashing won't change anything; you'll have to take it in to a Sprint repair center. ](*,)

MojoRisen 03-20-2009 01:52 PM

You can also check the advice in this thread if you have Diamond Tweak or Advanced Config installed, read Post #6.

dkincaid 03-20-2009 02:08 PM

I had this happen and had to get an insurance replacement.

Darkjedi 03-20-2009 02:10 PM

If its a hardware issue, theres no way you can fix it yourself so you'd have to send it in. I find the capacitive keys a bit weird cause I can't use them if I have gloves on, which makes it all the more difficult to use the phone in the cold. I literally have to use or nose or 'bite' the phone with my lips to pick up the phone sometimes hahah.

DrFunk1 03-20-2009 02:11 PM

Funny, Ijust logged in to check on this problem. It has happened from time to time and for me a soft reset usually fixes it. I am a little worried that it may be a hardware problem as that part of the phone is not level with the screen. I may consider putting in a claim in before it goes to $100

amart79196 03-20-2009 02:17 PM

BRING IT INTO SPRINT STORE!! Mine did the same exact thing...no way to fix. Don't waste another valuable second with resetting and stuff.....just make sure your back to stock rom and Locked! Try the local Corporate Sprint Store to get it swapped out.

Good Luck

MojoRisen 03-20-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 785735)
If its a hardware issue, theres no way you can fix it yourself so you'd have to send it in. I find the capacitive keys a bit weird cause I can't use them if I have gloves on, which makes it all the more difficult to use the phone in the cold. I literally have to use or nose or 'bite' the phone with my lips to pick up the phone sometimes hahah.

:sign5:

R2D2 631 03-20-2009 09:17 PM

Yes it wuz a hardware issue. I went to Sprint store and they told me they would order me a new phone which they said would take 3-5 days. Hell no . Im 1 impatient mofo...I went to 2 more sprint stores and on 3rd 1 they gave me brand new phone .. All is good now.. Gotta Flash and and get my TP back in shape.