PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP My phone battery discharges real fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrise2 View Post
I fly electric model helicopters and I follow the rules for those batteries which pretty much match up with the above. In that hobby, battery care is critical as they are high end batteries and can be very dangerous if treated improperly.

As far as draining a battery completly. Even if that was the proper way to treat the pack, that's not always a viable option. I have a 13 hour day. 2 hour commute, 9 hour day, 2 hour return commute. I need to charge during the day so I can make it home. If I let it drain, I'd be stuck half way home.
Do you fly your helicopter to work?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
yes i understand that. so i'd have to do the other battery for about a week also. and won't have to do this recalibration until maybe months later or when the battery seems to be draining fast. i understand. and with your guarantee, who can beat that!=D>
Give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.

I do it with every brand new battery and I know for a fact it increases overall discharge time. I have also done with older batteries and helped get them back.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I hope the OP is learning as much as I am from this thread lol!

Scrolster, as soon as you said you get 36 hours from your roms, I went straight to your site and began downloading your Touch Pro rom. Hopefully I'll get an increase in my battery life too! I usually get 10 to 14 hours out of my current setup, but I gotta try your rom if it treats the battery that well. I hope to get at least 15 hours of it (and I can try this WM 6.5 out too).

Sorry to go off topic. Back to the battery life
Old 03-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
I hope the OP is learning as much as I am from this thread lol!

Scrolster, as soon as you said you get 36 hours from your roms, I went straight to your site and began downloading your Touch Pro rom. Hopefully I'll get an increase in my battery life too! I usually get 10 to 14 hours out of my current setup, but I gotta try your rom if it treats the battery that well. I hope to get at least 15 hours of it (and I can try this WM 6.5 out too).

Sorry to go off topic. Back to the battery life
you should also try out his method of discharing n charging the first week. i'm gonna try and report back in a week

Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

mikeklemz is becoming a great contributor

The secret to preventing premature discharge is conditioning? Good to know...
Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, I'll try that too. I'll try anything to get a little more battery life
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Greatwestern is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsohne View Post
I had just gotten a replacement phone from VZW last Friday and have been having some bad battery discharge problems. I was running the last Bored kitchen which I had no problems with other than fast battery drain. I go from 100% to 40% in 4 1/2 hours in standby and it has basically made the phone worthless. With the the Bored rom and checking discharge on the NuePower util I am at 175ma discharge. I have gone back to the Stock rom and discharge is the same. My question is whats a normal draw for the TP and if mine is excessive what could the problem be? My old pro wasn't stellar with battery but at least I could get through the day. Anyone here knowledgeable with this type of stuff?
I had the same problem with heavy use. I even deep cycled my battery for the first 5 cycles after purchase. I got tired of carrying a battery bank that was purchased from expansys.com (gives u 2 extra full charges in 1 bank that teathers to ur tp via usb). So I ordered an extended battery from nakedcellphone.com thru ebay. I get 50 hrs of heavy use on one charge! It cost my $90 but the bank cost $75, so if I would have known about the extended battery made by Mugen, I would have got it first. U should check it out! Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

rsohne is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwestern View Post
I had the same problem with heavy use. I even deep cycled my battery for the first 5 cycles after purchase. I got tired of carrying a battery bank that was purchased from expansys.com (gives u 2 extra full charges in 1 bank that teathers to ur tp via usb). So I ordered an extended battery from nakedcellphone.com thru ebay. I get 50 hrs of heavy use on one charge! It cost my $90 but the bank cost $75, so if I would have known about the extended battery made by Mugen, I would have got it first. U should check it out! Hope this helps.
Thanks all for the replies. I tried erices kitchen last knight coupled with the Alltel radio (I think thats what its called) and went from 100% to 11% in 8 1/2 hours standby. I even shut off data and didn't check an email or make 1 phonecall. Something is obviously wrong with this phone and I have about had enough!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum. Also, since there are numerous threads discussion battery issues/performance, etc., I'm gonna close this one down.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro