PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Nice hack to increase signal strength

UPDATED INFO JUL-29

Certain providers need certain items in the RF radio. My buddy had a VZ phone and I also had to change the following items. If they are in your phones RF items then change them. If you cant find them then you dont need them.

NV_FM_AGC_1 (default MIN = 43 MAX = 2
NV_CDMA_MIN_RX_RSSI_I (default -1150)

It depends on what type of radio id and subsid your provider is using and the freq for those other 2 to show in nv items. Cricket dont need them. I dont know about other providers. I have done this on 2 Cricket flashed Touch pro's and 1 Diamond on VZW and an 9800 That was on Cricket. Like I said on the VZW Diamond the above 2 fields appeared. I seen a post some place with a guy using a Telus and he had to change those above settings.

What we are going to do is change the front end gain of the RF receiver. This was found on my CDMA Alltel Phone. Use at your OWN risk and don’t blame me if your phone decides to become better suited for masonry.

QPST_v2.7_Build_301.exe (FYI, this proggy will also give you file system access like BitPim)

Google it, you WILL find it. Don’t waste my time asking for it.

Now you will need to setup the software to talk to your phone. Using your device manager find what comport the WDM for your phone is. It is under “comports”. Select that comport in your “QPST Configuration” and “Enable” that port.

Now open the “RF NV Item Manager”

Select “File” - “Read From Phone”.

Recommend: (from this point on, RECORD ON PAPER the default values of anything you change, all default values stated were from my phone)

Look for the Item (select write to save new values)
NV_C0_BC0_VGA_GAIN_OFFSET_1 (default = 2592)
We want a lower offset, I gave mine a difference of 1000 at first then later tweaked it to 500. Final value (2092)

NV_C1_BC0_VGA_GAIN_OFFSET_1 (default = 3492)
Again we want a lower offset, I gave mine a difference of 1000 at first then later tweaked it to 1100. Final value (2392)

Walla No more dropped calls and enjoy being able to use your phone in places you could not before because of no bars. In my server room I had no bars and phone alwayes went into searching for networks. I have no problems at all now. I am on cricket but dont see why this wont work on other providers.

Last edited by dcperdue; 07-29-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: updated info
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Nice hack to increase signal strength

Wow if this works you are the man! I dont know if I want to be the first Guinea pig though. What about the battery life?? How much of a difference have you seen??
Thanks though!
Whos gonna try it first??

Here is a link to the QPST v2.7 file
: edit (possible warez) Easy to google though.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 07-28-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I'll try it now. I'll report back.

btw, that link is prob warez.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
btw, that link is prob warez.
LOL, your probably right but some of us will get it downloaded BEFORE it gets moderated.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

What port is default? Windows 7 doesn't list the com ports like in the past. I can't find it.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did anyone test?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

bah qpst blows in windows 7. Im gunna have to wait till i get home.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

cant get phone to connect
Old 07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT, DONT LAUGH TOO HARD

kaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaoss_11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

never mind once I ##3424 / ##3424# = DIAG (DMR - for QPST editing) it automatically recognizes the phone
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

anybody try this with alltel? i wanna try this as i have horrible servie and wanna somehow try to get better service as i live in the sticks
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro