PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Streaming Netflix to WM [via Media Center]

NetFlix now streams through Windows Media Center (if you have Vista home premium or professional). I'm trying to get that stream from my PC to go to my Fuze. Orb doesn't seem to do it. I also used software that establishes WMC as a webcam but Orb can't push that either (they require a USB cam for some reason). I can obviously do remote desktop but that's generally not as optimized for video/sound as would be required to stream movies. Any thoughts?
I'd love to have 100,000+ movies available to stream on demand
Thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work
Re: Streaming Netflix to WM [via Media Center]

I would love to be able to view from my Touch Pro also......please help
Old 05-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it would be amazing if netflix developed a WM client to stream directly to the phone!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: VZ

ebarron is a n00b

Netflix is not streaming through Media Center but to Media Center using silverlight. It's no different than running the netflix silverlight application in the browser. If Media Center were able to stream out the Netflix application then maybe the Media Center extenders would work, but they don't.

With the old version of netflix, pre silverlight, you had a chance to transcode the stream.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

i don't need to redirect the stream (I don't expect WM to take the feed even if it were an mpeg and render it on the phone side). I'm looking to capture an image of it and stream that. In other words, I have an app that will take any window and simulate that window as a virtual webcam so I could take WMC and stream that as a webcam over MSN for example...the goal is to redirect the image, not the stream itself. So if software could take WMC and treat it as a tv input then Orb cold stream that for example.
Another way of putting it, if I use a VPN/remote desktop connection I can view my PC and if it has WMC playing then I can see that on my Fuze. I prefer another method that's more optimized for audio/video though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro