PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Honycomb Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
If they are going to keep the same offset icon layout, they should just give the option to either enable/disable the honeycomb graphic. Granted, this thing is likely to undergo a lot more changes before it's release, so this whole discussion may be moot anyway.
The ability to enable/disable this feature would seem to be the sensible thing to do, but we are talking about Microsoft here.

I'm sure it won't be long after the release that someone will somehow mod this, and you'll see "honeycomb.cab" all over the place...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:49 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

can someone provide a link to the honeycomb start menu? That today screen thread is like 1000 pages deep and i really dont feel like rooting through it.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Am I the only one who doesn't like this "honeycomb" menu? Call me crazy, bu I kinda like my start menu the way it is...

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

THEGAMEPLAY94 is a n00b

i like since it is more finger friendly
Old 03-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

I prefer classic start with htc's enlarge over honeycomb but I could see that if I use titanium as my today plugin and lose the launcher that is built into touchflo, I may prefer honeycomb.

As far as giving you the option on honeycomb, that is pointless. 6.5's start menu is going to be identical to the honeycomb we have see, just no lines separating icons. This is a very minor visual aesthetic. Are you guys that fond of hexagons?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Palm Pre

orlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post
I liked it, wth is wrong with so many complainers. They move to more finger friendly and get bashed for iphone copying. Phones have limited screen space to work on and there are only so many ways to make an input menu that works. The staggered layout give better tactile and visual reference than a square grid, so it improves on the iphone baseline of touch finger friendly. Same thing with HTC changing to an offset keyboard on the TP2...offset is easier to use. Another common criticism that is unwarranted is our type of touchscreen. The nice thing that our screen type offers is the use of finger friendly UI and stylus sized UI all in one. All we need now is drivers to allow for multi touch. iphone type screen users are stuck with HAVING to use big fat button icons all the time unless you can sharpen your finger flesh to a point.
aaaahahahahaha. Om man a sharp flesh finger. *Crying and Laughing*

Get your hands on one
http://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Tempore...1032183&sr=8-1

If I help Then look Right Over Here------------>

--------------press the button--------------->
Old 03-20-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

THEGAMEPLAY94 is a n00b

I hope someone will still be able to create a cab file with the lines I thought it looked nice
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGAMEPLAY94 View Post
I hope someone will still be able to create a cab file with the lines I thought it looked nice
i wholeheartedly agree, yes they are just visual, but they go with the underlying grid the icons where set on, Also, who's to bash the bees and their biological engineering of these shapes

i know most of the first 6.5 roms have Honeycomb graphics still in there, so its just a matter of ripping them out i suppose, might want to ask a community Chef here for some help, cough Juicy halp!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro